Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Which Burgers are number one?

Guinea pig guy
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
I think McDoonalds burgers are the best!! LoL Except for those icky onions! HaHa

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
None of the above. Meat is yucky.

Treen

Cavy Slave
I think they're all equally grim - fatty, salty, limp tasteless fast food is not my bag! Can't think what the people who consider them 'treats' must be eating the rest of the time to find them so tasty!

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
I agree with them all being yucky. I only liked Mcd's as a kid because of the happy meals.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
It's awesome to all have similar interests. I had no idea my one post would help me find so many other vegetarians!

Miss Piggy

Cavy Slave
Wendy's from what is on the list. But overall I think the best burgers are from Jack in the Box.

Treen

Cavy Slave
Has anyone seen 'Supersize Me'? Just wondered if it had changed anyone's opinions of McDonalds' food or not. I didn't manage to catch it - mainly because my local cinema didn't show it on account of there being a McDonalds on the complex!

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
I saw it. Fast food turned his liver to jelly. But I already knew that fast food is bad for you & already try to avoid it. So it didn't really change my opinion. It just made me wonder how anyone could eat portions that are that large. I mean, when I see what they're eating I just see a giant portion of fat with a side of fat & salt plus liquid sugar. Blech!

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
I read the book, and it made me feel like vomiting. Actually, I only read a shorter version I found awhile back, but it was generally the wohle thing summed up in fewer words, sorry for the redundance there! That's very sad. Doctors were begging him to give it up, so was his family. Yuck.

sofiemuffins

Cavy Slave
he brought it upon his self. No one in their right mind would eat that crap every day. I know that he was showing the progression of his health and all from eating that, but it's not really true to life. If people eat that like once a month, it doesn't effect your body all that much. Yes, it's better to do with out, but super size me blew it all out of proportion.

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
I agree with you sofiemuffins, but I think it was directed towards people who eat fast food several times a week.

Oh, what I also thought was a good part of the movie was when they went to various schools to show what kids were being served for lunch. It was basically fast food being served. Education also includes teaching kids what to eat & some of these schools were clearly sending the wrong message.

Treen

Cavy Slave
I was never a fan of school dinners for that reason, and usually took packed lunches. At the last school I was at they started doing a couple of healthier options - a Ploughman's lunch and also jacket potatoes. But despite a *massive* demand for them and people scrambling over each other to get in first so they could get them, they never did more than about 10 of each, so you'd end up with something with chips yet again! It was ridiculous - so many people wanted to eat well, but they just wouldn't provide it.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Sofie, I agree with you that it's blown way up in this movie--however, it does show you just how healthy the stuff is for you, and opens the eyes of many people to this problem. I know some people who actually do go out to eat for breakfast and dinner every day at fast food restaurants, and I'm sure they'd like to know how it will affect them.

I think it's absolutely insane that people in America complain that we're getting more and more obese (teens I mean). Just look at the crap they're serving in schools! It's not healthy at all.

shikota

Cavy Slave
mmm!! A & W 's Mozzaburger is good! And their steak burger. OH! Harvey's. Nice and juicy.

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
What is Supersize me?
I eat fast food maybe twice a month, usually no more.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Supersize me is a movie about a guy who eats nothing but fast food for a month--not even the water he drinks is from home!

Here's a link for you: (broken link removed).

guineapig_girl

Cavy Slave
I like Burger King Whoppers and Wendy's 1/4 burgers. I saw the Supersize movie and that really turned me off of McDonald's. I hardly eat fast food as it is, like once a month.

kavykritter

Cavy Slave
i did not se "Supersize Me", but i think that sounds really gross, and back on the original topic of this post, i am a vegetarian, and not one meaing to destroy my body, and besides the burgers are so gross, i agree with the bit from Citrasoul about "giant portion of fat with a side of fat and salt and liquid sugar Blech!" Gross. and Treen said something similer, "equally grim-fatty, salty, tasteless fast-food not my bag!"
By the way mncavylover, i had the same thing happen to me, finding so many vegetarians here, pretty cool, huh?

critterlover

Cavy Slave
I didn't think much of 'Supersize Me'. Part of the reason his health deteriorated so badly was that he was force-feeding himself. I bet if you took a healthy diet and force-fed yourself twice or three times the normal amount, you'd get pretty sick too. So I don't know what it proved. But I guess he just wanted to make a point and get rich too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.