PDA

View Full Version : 2x3 with 1x2 upper level?

i-love-nev
08-17-07, 09:06 am
Hi another cage question lol

I am going to get some grids soon and im going to put the cage under my bed but my question is can I use a 2x3 with a 1x2 upper level for 2 piggies?
I have plenty of room under my bed as it is a loft bed originally used for underneath storage but I pulled everything out and put the piggies cages under there I have one piggies all by his lonesome so he will have a 2x3 and if I have enough grids and space maybe he can have a 1x2 upper level aswell.

I have seen so many pictures in the gallery of people using a 2x3 + 1x2 upper level for 2 pigs and wondered if it was OK they would also have free range of my room whilst I am in there so that would be for about 2 hours at the least as im in there alot on my laptop like I am now;)

JarBax
08-17-07, 09:27 am
My son has a loft-type bed too, so I know there would certainly be room for your cage under there - what a good idea! So long as they will still get plently natural light, it should work well.

A 2 x 4 size cage is what is recommended for two piggies - moreso if you have boys, and it is the base level that is important when calculating size. Perhaps you could forego the loft for the time being, and give them plenty of running room on the one level?

i-love-nev
08-17-07, 09:59 am
OK thank you! wow youve helped me with 2 things today! anyway I think I can take out the peice of wood blocking the room so that I could make a 2x4 and then if I had enough grids could make a 2x3 + 1x2 upper level for billy-bob whos on his own?
thanks again!

JarBax
08-17-07, 01:15 pm
You're welcome! The plans sound good - make sure we see pictures once you get your grids, and cage built!

i-love-nev
08-17-07, 04:08 pm
You're welcome! The plans sound good - make sure we see pictures once you get your grids, and cage built!

Will do!.