Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Cage Complete!

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
Great cage, the perfect size for 2 piggers, your guinea pigs are adorable. May I ask what food you are giving them in the bowl (not the fresh produce)? From the picture I can not tell if it is pellets or the mixture sold at pet stores with all of the coloured stuff, which actually poses as a choking hazard. Other than that it looks fantastic, your guinea pigs are very lucky!

PiggieNewbie

Cavy Slave
It's just pellets. The chunks they have added with their shavings ( I just took the shavings out ) and their poop sometimes LOL

they really like it, now to get some paper bags :)

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
Thanks for clarifying that, have you tried making your own cuddle cup, they are great except that my lot use them as litter boxes rather than cuddle cups? Toilet rolls stuffed with hay and parsley, paper bags with hay, 4 inch diameter PVC pipes, plain cardboard boxes, the list goes on. Guinea pigs are so easily made happy, just give them a toilet roll/paper bag/cardboard box, stuff it with hay and they are happy for hours!

PiggieNewbie

Cavy Slave
How do you litter train a pig? I see lots of people talking about litter boxes

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
Litter training is quite hard, but it can be done nevertheless. Litter boxes can be found at pet stores, they also sell them at most exotic vets (at least the ones I have been too). Basically you fill it with the litter material (aspen is a good choice, although there are plenty of others), and some hay (or other material) that has already been soiled, plus a few poops, what this does is encourages them to go in the litter box. Guinea pigs usually go anywhere and when ever they want, thus why it is so hard. But after saying that, they do tend to go in 1 particular corner. Find this 1 corner and place the litter box there.

I did not intend to litter box my girls, but every day during floor time I placed the cuddle cup out, and at the end of the floor time session, there was not 1 poop or 1 wee in the floor time room, all of it was in the cuddle cup. Intrigued, I put the cuddle cup in their cage and every since they use it as a litter box. It does means that when I am vacuuming the fleece out I also vacuum the cuddle cup and when I am washing the fleece and underlay (in my case mattress pads) I also wash the cuddle cup with 1 cup of vinegar.

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
The cage looks very nice. I'm sure your piggies will love it. :)

ginniemama

Cavy Slave
Very nice cage. I think Fink is just adorable!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.