Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cheap Oxbow Hay!!

liluqt

Cavy Slave
Hey guys, I'm no hay expert.. but this sounds like a good deal to me and I wanted to share.. on nationalpetpharmacy.com you can get a 50lb bag of oxbow timmy hay for 49.99... and depending on your zipcode, shipping varies.. but i'm in maryland and shipping was $12.. and i found an online code for 20% off non-prescription products that expires 10/31.. after the 20% off, my total came up to $51.99 ..roughly $1 per lb!! and from what i hear its good hay? let me know if you guys think its a good deal

liluqt

Cavy Slave
sorry, i forgot the promotion code: NPP760

Denise

Cavy Slave
Well, I cannot comment on the price, but my pigs wouldn't eat enough of the Oxbow hay to justify any price! It wasn't grass-like, it was more straw-like and they hated it! I have heard other posters complain about the timothy hay from them. Think about it before you spend that kind of money. I still have half a bag left and won't even bother putting it in their cage because they won't eat it. This is just my opinion.

Furkidsmommy

Cavy Slave
I use oxbow timothy and my piggies and rabbits cannot get enough.

GuineaTV

Cavy Slave
I recommend first seeing if your animals dig it before buying the 50lb bag - especially since in the large bags it gets packed tightly and can be difficult to use.

Denise

Cavy Slave
Furkidsmommy said:
I use oxbow timothy and my piggies and rabbits cannot get enough.
Mine didn't look anything like what you have. That looks really good! Wish mine looked even a fraction as good as that!

liluqt

Cavy Slave
Where did you purchase it from? Well, after realizing that nationalpetpharmacy and petfooddirect are very similar and are probably essentially one in the same, I've decided to forego my 50lbs of oxbow for now :) As guineatv suggested, I'll probably find a smaller sample before plunging head first. If it looks like furkidsmommy, it shouldn't be a problem! The bale of timmy hay i got from a feed store on saturday looked like trash... and was 80% yellow with tints of green with tons of seeds. My pigs don't seem to be picky, they ate the few strands that i fed them of that, but I want better for them! Anyway, these 20% off deals seem to come rather frequently so I'm sure I'll catch it the next time :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.