Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My New Florida Boy

athread678

Cavy Slave
Thanks to all of the help from everyone on here, I've adopted a second piggy for my boar Louie. I don't have a name for him yet, but he was picked up in Florida while my family and I were on vacation in Disney World. He's a very small boy who had to be weened early (at 4 weeks - he was chasing mom) but seems to be doing just fine. Any pointers or tid-bits though, for caring for such a tiny pig would be much appreciated. Should I be doing anything different for him that what I do for my older pig? Thanks

I would attach pigtures, but I'm not really sure how to... I'll just put some in my profile!

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Congrats.

Actually 4 weeks isn't too young. Males sexually mature at 3 weeks so he should have been separated already but hopefully he didn't impregnate mom or sisters.

Growing pigs need alfalfa based pellets. Weigh him daily and make sure he is eating ok. If you're changing his diet from what he had before, do it slowly.

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.