Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada good vets in GTA

lizo72

Cavy Slave
I am having trouble finding a cavy-savy vet at the moment. There was one that I thought that looks at exotic pets, but it turns out they don't :weepy: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!!! lol

Teddy&Taz

Cavy Slave
I just recently adopted two piggies from the Toronto Animal shelter and realized they had lice so I took them to this exotic vet in Scarborough and they were very nice and knowledgeable there. However not cheap. The cost for consultation was $70/cavy. But they were nice enough not to charge me for the second piggie. We're actually going back today for their second injection. I'll PM you the name of the hospital.

Smitti

Cavy Slave
Don Valley Animal Hospital

Address : 895 Lawrence Avenue East, North York, ON M3C 3L2
Telephone : 416-441-3411

They are great people and know a lot of stuff about pigs and any other animal. I'm not sure about prices. If you call them they will be more than happy to answer you questions about prices on the phone.

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
There are two grea vets I have used,one is Riverdale animal hospital,at Jones and Danforth 416-465-4655, and Beaches animal hospital on Queen st, by Victoria park,416-690-4040. I used Riverdale for years,they are great. But I switched last year to the Beaches because they give a 50% discount to rescues, and I foster dogs, so go there now for the discount for the recue, the Doctors here are awsome too, and they are open 7 days a week until 10 pm, but are more expensive than Riverdale. Riverdale is pretty reasonable. Dr Drabant is the best there.

lizo72

Cavy Slave
Thanks to all that replied!!!!!!!! lol:love:

m&k.murphy

Cavy Slave
For East side GTA-ers (Durham/Oshawa), a trip to Bowmanville is worth your while. Bowmanville Vet Clinic (by the zoo) at 2826 King St E, Bowmanville - 905 623 4431 is well worth a visit. The only vet in Durham with professed knowledge of Cavies (others will see your piggy, but when pressed will admit not much experience if any). They will also take urgent patients on spec with no appointment even when booked out, ready for you when you get there if you call ahead.

bunnylover

Cavy Slave
Callbeck animal hospital in Oshawa is quite good as well. they've just acquired an exotics vet.

Kerry

Cavy Slave
How much is the average checkup? I'd like to get my girls checked out (they seem healthy but you never know) but I know DH will argue about it! I'm just concerned since I've noticed them both itching a little bit.

rodneyc8063

Cavy Slave
I have used "The Links Road" for a few years now. They are located around Yonge and York Mills.

They are a bit on the pricier side, but its close to me so i have been going to them. They are pretty knowledgeable but just on the pricey side.

Recently i have been visiting

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]TORONTO/GREATER TORONTO AREA
Ontario, Canada

Dr Samantha Munn

Greenwood Park Animal Hospital
1041 Gerrard Street East
Toronto, Ontario
M4M 1Z6

Phone : (416) 778 - 6666
Fax : (416) 778 - 6688
(broken link removed)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Shes been excellent. My piggy had bladder stones and she came through the surgery with flying colors. She has an amazing bed side manner as well her prices are very reasonable. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Highly recommended
[/FONT]

twozie

Cavy Slave
Hi I would like the name of that vet to in scarborough thanks.

TashLB

Cavy Slave
I am in the east end of Toronto (Greenwood/Gerrard) and wondering about 1) a good regular vet in this area and 2) where you would take your cavy for 24 hour emergency care.

I want to ensure we know where to take the cavies BEFORE something happens versus scrambling to figure out where to take them when something happens.

Also do you take them for regular "check-ups"?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.