Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Other convelesing kitty

Hershey's Mom

Cavy Slave
I am sooo happy I found this site and did some research here before getting my piggy. I had to put my cat in a cage because she had to have surgery. The vet suggested that she be confined for the majority of her recovery. I learned how to make a cheap cage for her here and the best part for Hershey is that he will get the whole thing when Nietzsche is finished recovering in a few weeks. She is resting comfortably and the vet has asked me how I did it. They thought it was amazing!! Sending them the info so they can save others money on cages for recovering pets. this one is 28wx29hx43L

july2007002.jpg

july2007004.jpg

Ash Liz

Cavy Slave
Who knows how many critters that advice will help? :) Best wishes to Nietzsche for a healthy future!

GailtheGuineaPg

Cavy Slave
Wow, that's so cool that you used it for both animals. My only question is on Hershey's cage. Do you have just fleece and then the carpet on the bottom level? If you follow the washing directions on fleece, the urine will go right through. That means that your carpet will be stained and smelly. Not fun. I would look into investing in some coroplast or other waterproof board. And towels or mattress pads. You should layer it coroplast, towels, then fleece.

Hershey's Mom

Cavy Slave
I hve linoleum down right now, looking for a supplier for coroplast in the area. Yep I have it layered, no worries

GailtheGuineaPg

Cavy Slave
Excellent. I was just making sure : )

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.