Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ratties Boys now have their own cage.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
We were going to build them a cage similar to the girls cage but while moving things around in my room for the new pigs cage, I found 2 old bookcases that I thought would make an excellent grotto style cage for Popeye and Sammy. My dad attached them together to make one unit and basically the cost was only for the hardware. It's almost the same size as the girls cage but will only house my two boys.

Here are some pictures:

And what I refer to as the Pièce de résistance and one of my favorite things in the cage: (Dad custom built this for them.)

A pic of Sammy enjoying the new staircase:

And a picture of Popeye enjoying the new cage:

heatherbunnie

Cavy Slave
Ahh! That staircase is too cute!! What a fun cage!

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
That is an awesome cage, I love the stairs, how creative. I love how you have it decorated. Do they use the litter pan? I have one for my ratties but they prefer to sleep in it. I love Sammy's markings and Popeye is precious! Great job on the cage:)

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I have to take new pictures, but I kind of redesigned the inside of the boys cage to maximize space and have more things for them. I moved the top shelf a little lower allowing me to hang a hammock, a half grid and a couple toys from the inside top. They don't need a ladder to get to the small shelf under anymore.

The bottom has been more effectively used now and they have more in there to play on, with and I added a small plastic bin turned upside down for a private getaway along with a hanging basket. The hammock you see downstairs in the above photo now hangs upstairs. The boys seem to like the new arrangement much better.

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
The staircase is so cute,Sammy looks like a little cow lol

newpiggiemama

Cavy Slave
What a fantastic cage ly!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.