Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ratties Adopting Rats

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
I will be adopting 2 female rats that are about 9-10 weeks old. They are the black hooded type. I think I will be picking them up on Thursday evening. I can't wait to bring them home with me.

SkinnyPiggys

Cavy Slave
I love ratties! Where are you adopting them from? I have been debating if I should adopt some or not. Good luck!

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
I love ratties! Where are you adopting them from? I have been debating if I should adopt some or not. Good luck!

I am adopting them through Lifelong Tails. She is located in Cheektowaga near the airport. I have adopted through her before and I also have 3 male rats that I am fostering through her. She currently has baby male and female rats, two of each. I think I am going to adopt the females but I am going to look at the males while I am there.

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
Congratulations! I'm jealous! I've been thinking about adopting some boy ratties so I can have some cuddlers. My two girls are way too hyper for cuddling, they just zoom all over the place. I've heard about that shelter before, and it's a no-kill shelter I believe. Let me know what the place is like, I'm curious.

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
Congratulations! I'm jealous! I've been thinking about adopting some boy ratties so I can have some cuddlers. My two girls are way too hyper for cuddling, they just zoom all over the place. I've heard about that shelter before, and it's a no-kill shelter I believe. Let me know what the place is like, I'm curious.

LifeLong Tails isn't really a shelter, the lady and her husband run a small animal rescue from their house. I am fostering 3 male rats now that are up for adoption. Two are PEW about 5 months old and the other is a tan with dark eyes. He is really fat and I am working, with the help of LY to get him to lose weight. I am supposed to go to her house tomorrow but I just found out that my husband is finally coming home tomorrow after 6 long weeks. I will probably go over on Friday or sometime over the weekend.

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
How old are the ratties you are fostering? I can't remember, but I thought you said they are fairly old? I might consider adopting them, I'm just worried that they will only live a short time and I would be heart broken about it. It's too bad rats don't have long life spans like guinea pigs.

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
How old are the ratties you are fostering? I can't remember, but I thought you said they are fairly old? I might consider adopting them, I'm just worried that they will only live a short time and I would be heart broken about it. It's too bad rats don't have long life spans like guinea pigs.

The two Albino's(PEW) are 5 months old. They are a bit skittish but we can handle them without being bit. With some more TLC, they will make wonderful pets. They are bonded so they would have to be adopted together, they are brothers. Hyde is an older rat that has a weight problem and has a mass on his back. Hyde also has an eye problem. They flare up with porphyrin which is red tears not draining properly. It looks worse than it really is. We believe he is having the problem from his diet. Stress can also be a factor. I thought Hyde was about 2 years old but he is about a year old. Hyde, Fez and Kelso all live together. If you have any questions or are interested in adopting, PM me and we can set something up.

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
Correction: I just got an update on the ratties I am fostering and I was wrong on their ages. Kelso and Fez are 8 months old and Hyde is approaching 2 years old. Sorry about the incorrect ages.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.