PDA

View Full Version : Planning on getting a C&C cage, any ideas?

i-love-nev
07-25-07, 07:23 am
Hi, I am planning on getting a C&C cage when I get the kleeneze catalouge, (its been delayed :mad: :weepy: ) but I have no idea how to make it there will be 2 piggies living in it and im planning to have a 2 level cage with a small top bed compartment or a 1 level cage with again a small top level bed compartment but I have no idea what to do any ideas welcome!!!

thanks

TX_2_Pigs
07-25-07, 09:01 am
For 2 piggers, you will need a minimum of a 2x4 (grids, not feet) or the equivalent of 10.5 square feet. If you can build it bigger, all the better. The 10.5 sq ft is the base level. Upper levels do not count towards this requirement but are merely a bonus. If you need ideas for ramps, check out the Ramps gallery. There are many creative designs for ramps. I have 2 different styles in my gallery (click on the little camera above right) and if you have any questions about how I constructed them, just ask.

This page gives you the instructions you need.

http://www.guineapigcages.com/howto.htm

The rest is all up to your imagination. It really is very simple and you shouldn't have any problems doing it. Good Luck and post pictures when you are done.

Ly&Pigs
07-25-07, 01:11 pm
You can also browse around the photo galleries for cage ideas. There are hundreds of pictures of cages of all sorts in there. There are also tons of photos of ramps, toys, hidies/cozies, etc.

If you look at the very top of this page under where it says "Cavy Cages" (the big logo) you will see a link that says "photo galleries".

JarBax
07-25-07, 02:14 pm
Great news that you're going to be making a c&c cage! Your piggies will be so happy you did!

Will be interested to hear how you get on with the Kleeneze catalogue grids - let us know when you get them! UK folk have been finding it a bit tricky recently to find grids.

i-love-nev
07-26-07, 04:53 pm
Thanks everybody I did not get my catalouge today but I think it should be here tommorow hopefully! will keep you updated on the process!

Miss-S
07-28-07, 04:30 pm
Thanks everybody I did not get my catalouge today but I think it should be here tommorow hopefully! will keep you updated on the process!

Hi i-love-nev. I don't think that Kleeneze do them anymore as they haven't got them in the online catologue. You can view it on their website. I could be wrong though. Have you tried B&Q they can order them for you but they take a few weeks.

Also if you look on the UK forum their is a massive thread with other links for getting cubes in the uk.

xx