Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from a little town South of San Antonio, TX

Sandy_Acres

Cavy Slave
Hi!

I am a stay-at-home mom and I currently have two guinea pigs. I got my pigs Debbie (Tortoise Crested) and Dolly (Tortoise Snooth) 3 years ago when my nieces lost interest in them. To be honest it was kind of a relief when they didn't want to play with the pigs anymore because they were so rough on them and their parents never intervened.
So the piggies have been with me for awhile. I keep the pigs in my office.
I just recently learned about C&C cages and just finished building ours. In fact I need to pick up the Coroplast this afternoon.
I made the cage the traditional (cube) way and then made the lid out of 1/4"hardware cloth and 1/2"plumping pipe. I have a few cats and a toddler to keep away from the piggies.
I'd love to have another piggy and just inquired about a Sheltie female somebody had advertised. So if it works out then there will be three.
I also have horses, dogs, cats, goats and tortoises.

Last edited:

kayleemommy01

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! I have no piggies yet but plan on getting some as soon as I can. We are moving so right now is not a good time to get some. I will also have a toddler to keep out of the piggies and a future puppy as well. And I am also a stay at home mommy. My kids are 5 1/2 (about to start kindergarten) 4 and 6 months.

Last edited:

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
Greetings! You sound like quite the animal lover, that's a nice little family you have going. I can relate, I've got 11 piggies, 4 mice, 3 cats, 3 leopard geckos, 2 fishtanks, 2 rats, 1 hamster, and 1 dog! I can't wait to see some pictures of your piggies, they sound adorable. (Then again, I've yet to see a piggy that I don't think is adorable...) lol

MissCin

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! I wold love to see pictures of all your animals. I have two guinea pigs (Kimmy & Angie), three cats (Kitty, Oliver, & Garfield), and one ferret (Roxy).

heatherbunnie

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!! I can't wait to see some pictures of your pigs!

Sandy_Acres

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the nice welcome!
It turned out that the Sheltie is really more of a Peruvian mix but she looks really cute and I will pick her up next weekend. I will take pictures of all three then. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.