Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Building a cage.

britzbunny

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone,
I'm going to be adopting a rabbit from a rescue in a few months, and I definitely don't want to house it in a little cage. I have done research on building my own cage, and have seen all of the pictures that everyone has put up. (they all look amazing, by the way)
One thing that I do not understand about the process is what the coroplast is used for/where it is put in the cage? All I have been able to find is where to buy it-which is still helpful.
As well, I wont have access to many tools as I live in an apartment and have no shed to store them in...so any tools would have to be borrowed from friends- so which tools will I need?
Thanks in advance,
britzbunny

I know that everyone probably answers questions like this all the time, but an amateur like me would really appreciate the help from the pros!

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
The coroplast lines the bottom of the cage, which you then line with news paper and bedding.

Thats what I thought, but I didn't want to do anything wrong.
Thank you!

I am not a pro, but I can tell you what tools I used.
Exacto Knife....used a razor knife as well..but exacto waaay better.
Tie Gun.....Like 10 bucks at home improvement store
Diagnol cutters....used these just to trim the zip ties
Straight Edge...really needed to mark coroplast for scoring

My cage took alost 200 ties, because I opted to use no connectors and made a bottom as well. Look at top of page....click home...and look at link on the left...the directions on scoring coroplast is excellent.

Safe Journies
Samuel

I am not a pro, but I can tell you what tools I used.
Exacto Knife....used a razor knife as well..but exacto waaay better.
Tie Gun.....Like 10 bucks at home improvement store
Diagnol cutters....used these just to trim the zip ties
Straight Edge...really needed to mark coroplast for scoring

My cage took alost 200 ties, because I opted to use no connectors and made a bottom as well. Look at top of page....click home...and look at link on the left...the directions on scoring coroplast is excellent.

Safe Journies
Samuel

Thank you...that helps alot!:)

I do rabbit rescue and all of my buns are kept in Play Pens made with the cubes (grids). I just zip tie them together 2 high (unless you have a real jumper, then 3) and close the last 2 with clips, so that you can open it like a door and walk in.

They also get free run time for about 6 hours a day in a rabbit proofed section of my house. They are all litter boxed trained and I line their litter boxes with newspaper piled on top with Timothy hay.

For more rabbit info take a look at House Rabbits - Behavior, Care, Rescue, Adoption, Education | House Rabbit Society

Good luck!

I put down a mattress pad and then some towels and then fleece.
It works very well. Many people use fleece here. I reccomend trying it.;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.