Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Piggie too fat?

E

ElBoogie

Piggie too fat?

Is it possible for a piggie to be too fat? I dont think my baby is but I do spoil her horribly. She is never without food and I just wondered if it's possible to have an overweight pig.

I

IceyStylez69

Piggie

Piggies can be overwieght. You should regularly wiegh your pig to see how much he or she wieghs. My Spunky wieghs 2.1-2.3 normally, but I wiegh him every week. Over feeding shouldn't be much of a problem, pigs eat when they want, you should never leave the bowl empty. But you never know, a pig could eat alot and still gain wieght, or just not have enough lap or play time.
I say wiegh your pig.. for a girl I wouldnt think 2.0 is overwieght, and for a boy 2.5 is okay too!
-Jamie

Attachments

069.jpg chester2.jpg
S

Sunshine

Re: Piggie

We have had a piggie for about 5 weeks now, so I make no claim to be some savant. But we have some experience here. We bought Buddy at about 9 weeks, maybe younger. She has doubled in length and she started getting fat. 2 days ago we said she was a prime candidate for a heart attack. She was huge. So we decided to limit her treats and only put so much food in the dish. Yesterday I get up and am doing something and she is making funny sounds. She is going potty...but in the opposite corner I catch a glimpse of what I though was a mouse....great, the kids have been bad about leaving the door open, she has food in the cage, right??? So I go check, there were 3 babies! All different colors all alert and busy..lol... so if you haven't had your piggie that long... you may have a she and a surprise waitin gto happen.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.