Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Need advice with re-modeling.

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Ok...I have a 2x7(for six girls...I know one grid to small) and a 3x3(for four boars again one grid small). I'm going(or my dad) is going to look at some coroplast tomorrow to check some prices out. We are going to change the cages completely. For the girls my mom wants a 2x6 for the girls and a 2x5 for the boys(both have decks). I know this is to small for both of them and understand and want them to have the right cage sixes. Do you think I should just persuade her to make an L-shaped cage for the girls a 2x8 L-shaped then a 2x6 L-shaped? Because I don't think she likes the longness so if I justmake it into a L shape it might help. Any ideas if this is a good idea or not? Thank for any advice.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Ya it would be good, my cage is a 2x6 L shaped with a loft which if I understand what your saying is what you wanna make for the boys here's a pic if you need it for persuading (broken link removed)
Also if you dont think they like the longness you could instead of making it 2x8 you could make it 3x7 or 4x6 or 5x5 and so on.
There is nothing wrong with making and L shaped cage, it dosent take away any room for the piggies, and rember that lofts dont count as square footage though they are good for piggies who wat to be alone.

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Ya I'm trying to make thing skinny and shorter. So what I plan on doing is..here see if you can picture a cage from this....its going to be like this...[- ....or like this L. The first one like a T(the first one is going to be in all a 2x8). And for the boys like a simple L shape.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.