Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from Cali

jessex6790

Cavy Slave
Hey I'm Jesse, I just bought my first guinea pig 3 days ago and I am so glad I found this site. I have been reading a lot of stuff of this site and it has helped me so much. My Guinea pig's name is "Optimus" like the transformer Optimus Prime I don't have any pictures yet but I will upload some soon. Oh and by the way...I have a question...How do I give him a bath? Thanks

Last edited:

Strwberry

Cavy Slave
Hi! welcome, i love the name of your piggy by the way :) very awesome. Well i am kinda new myself ( im about 1 month old as a piggy owner) but this is how i did it .One way to give them a bath is in the kitchen sink or the bath tube, i usually fill it with WARM water just high enough for them be in it but so their feet are still touching, then you gently use a no tear shampoo on their body but not around their face and eyes/mouth, after wrap him up in a towel like a baby and dry him off, it will take a bit to dry him cmpeletly and make sure he is competely dry before putting him back and that it is not to cold for then when you get then out of bath, mine did seem to shiver at 1st so we warmed it up a little( closed the window) but if you just chill and watch some tv or something while you are drying then it helps the time go by, Hope this helps :) when i 1st got my piggys they were really gross so i gave them a bath right away and it was a little scary for them at first but the drying time was a good bonding time for us. Good luck and welcome!

jessex6790

Cavy Slave
Thanks a lot I wasn't really sure at first how to wash him but I just did and now he is drying off. It was a bit scarry at first but it was a lot of fun.

Strwberry

Cavy Slave
Aww that is good :)

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
For shampoo it is suggested to use a small animals shampoo on them.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Hi - you are not that far from me.

Have you read up at Guinea Lynx :: A Medical and Care Guide for Your Guinea Pig

Did you get your pig from a pet store? If so, you want to keep a close eye on him or her for illness. What are you feeding him or her?

If you ever need to buy supplies Centinela Pet and Feed sells Oxbow products and no animals.

mommyoffive

Cavy Slave
Which brentwood are you from...the down south one or the bay area one? Welcome to the forum!

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Oh, is there a Brentwood up North? I thought there was just the one in LA.

mommyoffive

Cavy Slave
I work in Brentwood, CA! Its located right next to my town which is Antioch, CA.

jessex6790

Cavy Slave
Oh wow I use to live in Antioch but I live in brentwood now its good to find someone on here that is so close.

mommyoffive

Cavy Slave
Seriously, I've never seen any one on here who lives in the bay area! Did you get your piggie from the petsmart thats near office depot and mervyns or from another store?

jessex6790

Cavy Slave
No, I got him for a place called Pets For All by Raley's

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Well welcome to the forums. I hope next time you consider adopting. If the piggy you have is your avator she is very cute.

mommyoffive

Cavy Slave
No, I got him for a place called Pets For All by Raley's

Up, i've been there...stupid place sells puppies! grr! I never saw the guinea pigs there though.

jessex6790

Cavy Slave
Yea they didn't know anything, Like what sex he was or anything. But I read a lot on here so I knew a lot more then they did. hehe

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.