Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

About Coroplast

randy

Cavy Slave
I was just wondering how long on the average does coroplast last. I at the moment have a cage for Dillion my daughters male guinea pig, it's made up of a large clear plastic container that's aprox. 2 grids wide by 3 grids long, the sides are about 4-6 inches----so far it's made a great cage. I had a cage while we lived in Illinois that was made with coroplast aprox. 3 x 5 grids, I think he was so bored he wasn't sure what to do. After about 9 months I brought it down to aprox. 2 x 3 and he seemed to move around more and enjoy more. However I'd love to get more grids or use the left over ones and make him a second story for hime to have a little more room.

HiMyNameIsAmy

Cavy Slave
Why not get him a friend? It's really not anymore work, costly, etc. and he'd be a LOT happier. That's probably why he wasnt active in the 3x5, and there is NO reason to downsize, since bigger is ALWAYS better.

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
I agree- his primary cause for boredom was having no companionship, it has nothing to do with the cage size. I recommend you increase the cage size and get him a buddy! As for the coroplast, it lasts indefinitely if it is wll maintained. Most piggies don't chew on it, and you can wipe away any urine or food stains with vinegar and water. If you are worried about keeping it in good shape, try putting a vinyl shower curtain or a plastic tarp over the coroplast and beneath the bedding. You can just wipe that clean, and the coroplast will be untouched.

randy

Cavy Slave
I was told that at age 11/2 to 2 yrs. old male guinea pigs might fight each other is this true?? I have no doubt that my 7 yr. old would love to have another guinea pig, also does anyone know of a place near Bloomsburg, Pa. that you can adopt a guinea pig??

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.