Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How to make ramp!

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I wanna make a ramp that will go up and over the side of my cage and help clean the shavings off of my piggies feet so they can run around my room. I do not mant to cut throught the grids or make a door. Im not sure how or what to make it out of. It has to be safe. I feel so uncreative right now cause I can ushally think of stuff like this. The main thing is that it goes over the side of cage and helps keep shavings off carpet!
HELP!!!!!!:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sugar

Cavy Slave
Hello,

What about a wood ramp covered with rubber matting? That would be very safe and should clean the shavings off your piggies feet.

Sugar & Spice have a cage we bought online, and there ramp is made from wood with a rough asphelt top. It wouldn't be very easy to make at home I wouldn't think, but if you are any good building you might be able to do it easier. Its good getting the shavings off Sugar & Spice's feet by the way, and they love running up it. It also makes the job of nail trimming much easier because the nails are worn down.

naturegal592

Cavy Slave
For my ramp I went to a craft store and bought some untreated wood. For the ramp I have a 2"W X1/4 Thick X 2'Long, and a 1/2" x 1/4" x 2' to cut and make slats to go across the ramp for traction. I painted it different colors with food coloring. The whole thing cost me about $3.

naturegal592

Cavy Slave
Looks good. I love the rope lighting. I am trying to send you a picture of mine if I can ever figure it out. Well my file is to big and I have no idea how to fix it, maybe some other time.

naturegal592

Cavy Slave
OK here it is.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.