Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Other forums

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Are any of you guys members from other piggy forums?

I'm DartsOfPleasure from guinealynx, but I don't really post there that much

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
I am on Guinea Pigs Unlimited. But I want to join guinealynx. Does guinealynx send emails to your email address every day? Because if it does I can't join. My inbox gets too full.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Nope, not to mine. I think you can recieve e mails if you want though on new posts and threads. You have to have a non free e mail address though. You can't have hotmail or yahoo, which is really annoying.

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Ok cool. Then I think i will join. I have msn email address so that will work out fine!

Piglet

Cavy Slave
They have a really cool general chat forum too. I stole the word assosiation game from there!

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Yes, I am a member of cavymadness (mncavylover), but it is very cumbersome to follow threads so I have given it up. I am mn_cavylover from guinealynx, but I'm pretty new and haven't posted much.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Yeh, I'm DartsOfPleasure on cavy madness, but I havn't visited in months. Even when I do its so tiresome looking through all the posts you have missed. I rarely go on it

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Yes, I think whoever made it needs to create a system that keeps track of where you posted, not just expect the people to do that. Oh well...

CavyCrazyMom

Cavy Slave
I have a new forum. It's called cavy lovers and it's just a small message board. I hope it can be as big as this one, but we'll see! You guys can join if you want, it's brand new! lol

(broken link removed)

Hope to see you there!

Guinea pig guy
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
I am a member of ccm's forum now. I hope to be a mod soon!

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Oh, and as long as we're on the topic of forums, nobody should join petshub. Well, you can if you'd like, but they are deifnitely breeder-friendly and they actually CENSOR links to www.guineapigcages.com and www.guinealynx.com. What jerks.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I am actually on there, but only because I can't stand wrong information being given out. The main poster on that site is chris, who praises himself to be the *almighty* yet he breeds!!! Moron. I do not support breeding in any way, but that site is so pathetic. I was on there and people were feeding their pigs dried fruit and giving salt and mineral wheels. Lots of my posts have been locked for 'advertising' guinea lynx and cavy cages. How pathetic eh? Are they scared of the competition?

poallo

Cavy Slave
I am sorry but what is wrong with giving dried fruit occassionally, my girls love dried and fresh fruit such as apricots and mineral and salt licks, and as for breeding as long as you understand whats involved and have good homes for the babies etc, why not bring more of these lovely creatures that we all own and love into the world

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
Poallo there is way too many piggies that are homeless and stranded. I give my piggies salt licks and they love it.

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
i know. i saw someone post on caviesgalore once and she was banned for mentioning guineapigcages.com

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Hello? There are rescues that are overfilling with guinea pigs. Or are they too old or too 'dirty' for you. This is a breeder free forum. I'll get you the info for dried fruit later, but whats the point. Fresh vegetables, hay and pellets is all they need, with the occasional peice of fruit

angeldjcavies, salt licks are not necessary

poallo

Cavy Slave
What the hell does "too old or too dirty for you" mean. I have 24 Gp's that have all been rescued from pet shops and other places, some are young, some are old, some are brain damaged and some did not even make it, so before you trash everyone, think first. I am not a breeder, I am a rescuer who picks up breeders mess, but obviously that does not matter to you, I am not completely blinked in my view, I know the world is full of people that I dont like what they do but I have to try to understand why they do these things, and then leave them alone it is up to them.
There is also no point in giving me any info on dried fruit, as I will continue to give it to my girls they love it, but please bear in mind my pigs all have hard food, hay adlib, alfalfa hay, and lots of fresh veg twice daily

Piglet

Cavy Slave
There is no such thing as rescuing from pet stores. As soon as you rescue, boom, another one is in its place. I am pleased that you do rescue from other places, and I'm sorry, my old and too dirty point was not specifically directed at you. How do you know that it doesn't matter to me? How old are your piggies? If they are over one give them timothy hay. If they are under 1 then its ok.

From another source, it says that dried fruit contains quite a bit of sugar. Too much can be converted to fat. Also, some dried fruit contains seeds in which is a choking hazard. Isn't it just easier to stick to fresh vegetables.

poallo

Cavy Slave
Of course I understand about pips, seeds etc, but you have to understand when you have as many as I do you have to watch your budget, so buying fresh fruit is not always a viable option for me. I feed dried apricots which contain no seeds etc and are flat, papaya, pineapple, bananna again no seeds, these are already cut to bite size pieces. As for timothy hay no one sells any by me and with transport that I beg for it is hard to get any from anywhere else. At the end of the day my pigs are happy as they are experience life as it should be not as it was. Here is a list of names ages of all my pigs
1. Atlanta - 5 year ridgeback sow 2. Lexa - 6 month Abyssian X sow
3. Hudson - 2 year Abyssian sow 4. Shalimar - sister of Hudson
5. Fox - 1.5 year Smooth Coat sow 6. K2 -11 month Peruvian Boar
7. Poallo - 9 month Abyssian x Boar 8 Daisy - 6 week Peruvian x sow
9 Nellie - 2 month Ridgeback boar 10 Harry - 7 week Abyssian x boar
11 Red- 5 month old Smooth Coat sow 12 Spilt - 7 month old Smooth boar
13 Messy - unknow age but young sow 14 Lucky- 1 year Smooth Boar
15 Sweetie - 1 year texel boar 16 Beauti - 1 year Tri smooth
17 Berry - 1.5 year Smooth sow 18 Tom - 1 year Roan Ridgeback boar
19 Brennan - 11 months peruvian x boar 20 Apollo - 4 year tri smooth boar
21. Kiddy - 3 year sheltie boar 22. Teddy - 3 year Abyssian sow
23. Calisto 3.5 year saffron sow 24. Eyes- 8 week smooth sow
If you wish to know any more such as where they were rescued from, why etc or photos send me address and I will be happy to that. Only not going to put it in forum as some are quite distressing

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.