Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Present

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Ok, I was really close with a group of friends but we've kind of drifted apart. Yes we still talk because I have lessons with them and I don't hate them or anything like that. For my birthday none of them bought me ANYTHING, not even a card. Well its hannah's birthday next week and she's going to be 16, which everyone see's as a special birthday (well, I don't). Since it is her 16th, should I get her a present or should I leave it? They didn't come, including hannah, to the theme park (my birthday 'party').

sofiemuffins

Cavy Slave
oh that's a tough one! I'd get her a present just to rub it in her face that she didn't get you one! but that's just me!

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
I would get her a present. To make her feel bad for not getting you one. And to rub it in her face that your nice, as said above.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Yeh! Thats sounds like a good idea. I was really really shocked when none of that group of friends didn't even give me a card. Oh well, lets make her feel bad =)

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Aw, I'm sorry Piglet! Just to make you feel better:
_|_||_|_
(..........)
(______)

happy birthday to you!
happy birthday to you!
happy birthday dear piglet...
happy birthday to you!

Piglet

Cavy Slave
awwwww, thank you!

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
No problem! I felt the same way when that happened to me.

If it isn't too much to ask, how old are you now? It's ok if you don't want to share.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I am....drum role please.......more drum role........15! Same as you, I think?

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Yep, that's right! Yay, another person my age! And you remembered. Way to go, Piglet! I don't get to have my driver's license till next July 8th. Poo. But I suppose you have a couple years to wait, right?

Piglet

Cavy Slave
*Pats herself on the back* I did remember!

Next year, wow! We get a provisional (sp?) liscence at 17 then the proper one at 18. POO!

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Yes, I thought it was 17. At 16 we get a provisional license, and I have a permit now. (can drive with a licensed adult in the passenger seat.) We can get our full licenses at 17.

I was in the UK over the summer, and I went to London, York, and Settle. I have to say, the houses are small, the streets are narrow, and the cars are teeny as well! I can see why they want you to wait to drive. I like in the capital of Minnesota and it's not even as bad as some of the roads in England. I especially thought those cars that look like they have half of them cut off were amusing!

Oh, and by the way, how in the blazes do you stand all the tourists?! I mean, really. We were pretty far out in the country in Settle, but there were still tourists! I guess I'm guilty as charged, but doesn't it get really annoying?

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I don't live in central London, now that would be a pain! Tourists, pollution, overpriced stuff. I live on the outskirsts. Yes, the houses including mine are small. My parents went to america and canada a few years back and said that everything is so spacious.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
It is, I guess. I mean, not to sound snotty or overly "American", but even the yards here are different. They aren't all garden like a lot of those there. I guess that comes out of having more space to build... Even the stores there are small! We have so many chains of stores, and some are bigger than four houses put together! It's crazy. I guess the houses there are more vertical and less horizontal. It's just different.

Ooh, and how does the school system work? I mean, are all classes IB? (International Baccalaureate(?)) I wish ours were. It's hard enough trying to find challenging classes here. Ugh. And what do you call your grades? Like we have Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, etc. From K-6 it's elementary school, from 7-8 it's middle school (some people have 7-9, called Jr. High) and then High school, through 12th grade. Just interested, sorry if I sound stupid. And I looove your accents!!! I'd die for one.

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
LOL, mncavylover. piglet, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

we all love you! im sorry about your friends, i have siilar problems currently, and i can empathise with you.

TinaFabulous
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
!!!!!!!!!Happy Birthday Piglet!!!!!!!!!

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Thanks guys!

You are right. Especially in london because of the lack of space we tend to build upwards.

I don't really now what IB is! We have nursery then year 1, year 2, year 3 etc. Nursery to year 6 is primary school. Year 7 to year 11 is secondary school or high school in my case. Year 12 and 13 are sixth form. Then you can go to university. Instead of 6th form some people, but not many, go to college. In year 6 you do an exam. If you pass you go to a grammar school. If you fail you go to a seconday school

Yeh, to be honest I like our accent more than the americans!! Mine is quite posh, but the rest of my family talk in a very very commom accent, especially my brother. Mines like the typical London accent =)

Treen

Cavy Slave
Happy belated birthday Piglet! I'm sorry your friends let you down, the rotten beggars. I'd get the girl a present only if you want to get her a present and would have anyway - certainly not to prove a point or make her feel bad. Don't play games, leave that kind of nonsense to them.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Yes, I suppose we sound awful to you! I have a very minnesotan accent, which is sort of unlike most Americans'.

Ok, so to clear things up...

What? College after sixth year? Ok, so what does college mean?

And, what is grammar school? Secondary school? Sorry for being so ignorant.

Wow, so you have thirteen years and nursery? Sounds like I'd rather stay here--though I do sort of wish I could have stayed there. Fashion is so different! Everyone is so formal, and all the schools have their uniforms... wow.

jennz11

Cavy Slave
I wouldnt get her a present!!! Why would you want to spend your money on someone who treats you so badly??? She doesnt deserve a present! lol o well whatever you decide!!

HAPPY HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!! ENJOY BEING 15!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.