PDA

View Full Version : Rest Peacefully Biscuit

Sopher7132
06-26-07, 01:41 am
Biscuit passed away on May 14th, 2007.

She was the greatest pig. I adopted her from Petco. I wish I would have known what I know now about Pet stores. I was told she had no health problems and was perfectly healthy. Sadly that was not the case.

Biscuit had terrible bloating and bladder and kidney stones. She was okay the first few weeks but she got worse and worse. She spent the last two months of her life on antibiotics and kept getting x-rays done. She had been seen by two of my vets and they kept saying the same thing to keep her comfy and not in pain because we were told we were only treating bladder/kidney stones. One night as I was holding her and she began to shake, I didn't realize what was going on. By morning she lost all use of her bottom feet. She literally could not use them. It was Mothers Day and my mom had come over after hearing me on the phone crying my eyes out as to what to do about Biscuit. My mom said that we may have to put her down. Since we did not know her age or history our vet was not too keen on operating as we did not know exactly what we were operating on and her x-rays were not showing the bladder/kidney stones but her urine tests were.

The next day my mom took her to our other vet to get a second opinion. After examining her again the vet said that putting her to sleep was the best decision. My mom left a voicemail for me that she had to be put down. I would have gone with to the vet but I had a class I had to attend and thought she would come back.

I miss her terribley. I loved her so much and tried my best to keep her happy. She would always popcorn during floortime and since she did not get along with my other pigs she had to be seperated but she liked it that way. She would always lick my fingers and give me kisses. No piggy will ever replace her. :weepy:

I made a video of her as a tribute http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEMNaUwPjhw

Piggersrule
06-26-07, 03:41 pm
I am so sorry for your loss. That is a beautiful memorial video you did.

Pamela Barr
06-27-07, 11:56 am
Beautiful video, looks like you gave her a great life.

MissCin
06-27-07, 01:02 pm
I'm very sorry to hear this. The video made me smile. The good thing is that you gave her a good life and thats all that matters in the end. :)

Sopher7132
06-27-07, 09:25 pm
Thank you for the kind comments. She is irreplacable. I never thought losing a piggy could be so hard! They really do steal your hearts!

Wheekie
06-28-07, 01:22 am
Like I said,I'm so sorry and she was so lucky to have you for a Mommy.There's so many people out there that wouldn't have taken the time to love her.Another one to run around with my Coco at Rainbow Bridge!

LonePig
07-28-07, 06:37 pm
Sorry for your loss, that video was great, brought tears to my eyes. You can see how much you truly loved her.

random09
07-31-07, 01:20 pm
Aww...How sad. Im glad she isnt in pain anymore. And you tried really hard. It seems yall put up a good fight. She had a great life.

Sopher7132
07-31-07, 10:50 pm
Thank you all so much for the comments. She was such a fun pig to have. I hope she isn't being a brat at the rainbow bridge hehe. She was so mean to my other girls so hopefully another pig up there put her in her place :mischievo

confuzioncity
08-08-07, 08:39 am
The video -- TEARS! My condolences!