Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Help Please

lilchris_28

Cavy Slave
Ok, I'm an idiot. Someone should punch me in the face. I love pork...all kinds of pork...or at least I DID love pork until I saw a video of a pig being seriously beaten to death. I cried for the first time since February. I love pigs, much more than I love pork. So now I'm about to embark on the journey to becoming vegetarian. I know dairy products are off limits too, right? What about soy milk? Yogurt? What are some websites that say what I can eat and still stay healthy? I know a lot of people who have gone vegan and gotten really sick. Is there a "modified" food chart for vegetarians. I want to do this the right way... and cold turkey. No more meat! My dogs are going vegetarian too.

pignewton

Cavy Slave
Be very, very careful about switching your dogs to veg only diet. They are omnivores and need the stuff meat provides. I believe it can be done but you need lots of expert advice and you MUST research this before jumping in. As far as you going veggie, good luck! I admire your stand on the issue.

lilchris_28

Cavy Slave
I found a dog food that's vegetarian. I'm going to ask my vet about it before I do it. They're on the venison and rice right now of the same brand. I had a muffin and apple sauce for breakfast... I"ll eat yogurt for lunch. I don't know if I'm going to do the whole dairy thing or not. Meat first, dairy later.

lilchris_28

Cavy Slave
Today was a little bit harder than I thought, but nothing I couldn't completely handle. Had a really bad craving for chicken nuggets for lunch. I got shrimp and fried rice instead. I can't eat shrimp if I can see the entrails, so I ate three pieces that I couldn't see it in. That was the plan, it grossed me out, and now I'm eating corn, potatoes, and I'm going to try to eat this okra for supper. Of course we had pot roast for supper, which is my ALL time favorite. It sits in the refrigerator. At least my fiance is going veggie with me. He is my crutch.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.