Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello

Zombiebunny

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone. My name is Beth and I joined this site because I am trying to learn about guinea pigs and guinea pig care before I embark on the adventure of getting my own. This site has been a WEALTH of information. I am really glad I found it. I am currently getting a space ready and plan to start constructing a cage in a few weeks. I want to make sure I have a spot all ready to go before I bring them home.

As of yet, I haven't been able to find anywhere in Arkansas that has rescued pigs. I would like to get 2 together - whether they are boys or girls is no matter. I do seem to be more partial to the short hairs than the longer haired guinea pigs.

I live in the Heber Springs area of Arkansas, which is kind of in the north central part and would have no problem driving a few hours to pick them up when I am ready.

Does anyone have any information on somewhere close in the state that has rescued pigs that need to be adopted?

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Well first hello and welcome to the forums. It's great you had the chance to find a place where you can find all your information before you go out and adopt one. For finding one have you tried petfinder.com. That's always a good place to start.

Zombiebunny

Cavy Slave
Well first hello and welcome to the forums. It's great you had the chance to find a place where you can find all your information before you go out and adopt one. For finding one have you tried petfinder.com. That's always a good place to start.

I did check petfinder.org and was unable to locate any guinea pigs in this state. Arkansas didn't even come up - just surrounding states.

Thanks for the welcome! :)

Zombiebunny

Cavy Slave
Welcome to cavy cages.
I think it's wonderful you want to adopt.
Humane Societies, animal shelters and pet adoption non-profit organizations
They have some agencies listed in Arkansas.
Not living there I don't know how close they are to you but it is worth checking out.
:)

Thanks for the link :) Most of those listed are about 2 hours away with a few being 3-4 hours away. I don't mind driving to get them, I will just need to read up on the best way to transport them to make sure the trip is stress-free.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Hi. I live in Mountain View. There are very few places in Arkansas to adopt piggies. I do rescue work but no pigs have come available in over a year now. I know there are some rescues in our state, but one is either in Benton or Bentonville and another is in Fayetteville. Both a quite a drive from both of us.

Good to have another Arkansan on the board. There are so few of us.

Zombiebunny

Cavy Slave
Hi. I live in Mountain View. There are very few places in Arkansas to adopt piggies. I do rescue work but no pigs have come available in over a year now. I know there are some rescues in our state, but one is either in Benton or Bentonville and another is in Fayetteville. Both a quite a drive from both of us.

Good to have another Arkansan on the board. There are so few of us.

Wow, you are just a hop, skip, and jump from me! :)

Benton isn't that bad of a drive, but yeah, the other 2 are a pretty good distance.

I am still a couple of months away from being ready for a piggie, so maybe by then, there might be 2 ready for a home :)

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
Welcome! It seems like you are taking all the steps to become a responsible pet owner. If you cannot find an adoption center you might want to check craiglist.com or put an ad in the paper. Just try to make sure you are not buying from a breeder on accident. Good luck with finding some piggies. Make sure to post pictures when you do! lol

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I will keep my eyes and ears open and if I hear of any coming available, I will let you know.

Zombiebunny

Cavy Slave
I will keep my eyes and ears open and if I hear of any coming available, I will let you know.

Thanks! I appreciate it :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.