Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Myy Piggy died today.....

Choco-latte

Cavy Slave
I am so sad, I also have another piggy that as been with him for a week. I am holding him because he has been whimpering/whinning. I feel so bad.... I dont know what to do for him but to hold & comfort him.

He came from a breeder (I rescued him and all the others) and I have had him for over a month. Could he have gotten attached to my other piggy that fast? When I first got him all he would fo is give me wet slobbery kisses and I fell in love with him. I believe he is a very sensitive pig. What else can i do to comfort him.

I am grieving but now I am concerned for him. My other piggy was about 4 years old & looked to have had a heart attack. It hit him fast, i came home and hugged him & kissed him, told him I loved him, asked how there day was? (I know sounds crazy) I went to fridge to get thier vegetable & fruit ready. I came back and my friend told me that something was wrong,
I went and looked and he was lying on his side and eyes wide open. He was gone.:weepy:

As I sit here I am typing this with one hand holding my sensitive baby....

clotho

Cavy Slave
I am so sad for your loss choco-latte. It's so tough to lose a pet! I have no experience with losing a piggie. I think you are doing the right thing - trying to comfort him as best you can. Do you have other piggies that he might gain some comfort from being around? If not, perhaps when you are ready, another friend for him might help him. Although, perhaps others with experience in this situation might say otherwise. Take care and know my thoughts are with you.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I'm sorry for your loss.

My other piggy was about 4 years old & looked to have had a heart attack.
It may have looked that way, but the only way you'd know for sure how he died would be to have a necropsy. Cavies are very good at hiding illnesses. He could have died from many things.

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for your loss.

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
I'm very sorry to hear that your piggy is gone. At least you got to hug him and tell him you love him before he left. How is your other piggy doing? You might want to take him to the vet in case there was anything contagious. I don't want to scare you or anything, I just think it's best to be safe. I hope he is very healthy and lives a long life with you.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.