Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Floor Time Sizes?

Sticky Mann

Cavy Slave
I will soon have 2 GP's and I wanted to know how much space to give them. Please note I don't have a room for them unless it was a shed which I don't want to use. Would 1.5m by 1m be big enough?

socal805

Cavy Slave
Yes don't use the shed! Floor time should be as big as your space will allow. You can use any room in your house as long as it is safe from other animals and kids. This is what I do for floor time..I use a room in my house, the extra bedroom and first I put down a plastic shower curtain liner or two to keep the carpet dry. On top of that I put down fleece or a sheet (depending on what is clean that day. I have made a "playpen" by attaching the grids together. I put this down on top of the fleece. My floor time size is 3 grids by 7 right now but you can basically make it as big as your room will allow. The more space the better. Then inside of the play area I put things like hay, food, a water bottle, a box to hide in, and each day I put something different for them to explore in. I like to put big paper bags down with hay in inside and boxes with veggies hiding or hay inside. I also will spread a variety of veggies around the play area to encourage the pigs to explore. It's fun to set the area up for them and while they are in playtime I usually will clean out the cage and sometimes I re-arrange for them. They love floor time but are always as excited to get back into thier cage!

Sticky Mann

Cavy Slave
At the moment I haven't gone out and bought the grids. I will very soon. I just let here roam around in front of the tv when I'm watching. I make sure she doesn't go near any cables.

heatherbunnie

Cavy Slave
first I put down a plastic shower curtain liner or two to keep the carpet dry.

Hm this sounds like a good idea, I'm going to have to try it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.