Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi,im new :]

harveypiggie

Cavy Slave
Hi im Kayla,and my piggie doesnt have an official name yet(ideas?)

I have always wanted a guinea pig(ok, for 2 years)
But had never liked the pet store piggies because they were to skiddish and squirmy when you tried to hold them. The nearest rescue place is 4hours from where I live and I couldnt drive.
Anyways I was at my local petshop buying crickets for my tarantula and I saw this piggie in a cage behind the counter, I asked why he wasnt with the rest of the guinea pigs they had for sale and the lady told me a lady dropped him off because she was no longer using him for breeding.
So I asked if I could hold him and I instantly fell in love with his sweet calm nature.I asked if he was for adoption and she I could just have him because they didnt have any use for him.
I know I shouldnt have gotten him from a petstore, but at least I didnt add to the cruelty by paying for him.
Anyways, I know everyone loves pictures so heres a few, i'll post more later.

Any name ideas?
He is a he.

Thanks, Kayla

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
He is very handsome and looks like he needs a dignified name. How about Franklin? Your favorite characters from books and movies might give you some name ideas.

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
Aww he is cute, how about Charles,or Charlie. Or maybe Reese peanut butter cup, or Butterfinger. Welcome!

heatherbunnie

Cavy Slave
He is cute! Haha right when I saw his first picture I thought, he looks like a big bumblebee!

OreosMum

Cavy Slave
He is very cute!! Maybe Nestle like the chocolate?

Alusdra

Cavy Slave
Though you got him from a pet store, I think you can call it a rescue. He's very cute! How about Mr. Darcy for a dignified name? Pride and Prejudice is the only 'classic' that I enjoyed...

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
Your new piggy is an absolute charmer. Thank you for giving him a loving home he so rightfully deserves. If you should have any questions or concerns please ask or you can do a forum search.

harveypiggie

Cavy Slave
Thank you all for the replies.
He was dubbed "todd" by my boyfriend who insisted he be named tank, so we settled on todd.
So far he has been a complete joy and hasnt even seen what his cage looks like yet because he has been going absolutely every where with me. Everyone who meets him just loves him.

GailtheGuineaPg

Cavy Slave
I love the name Todd for a guinea pig! Why haven't I have thought of this! Have fun with the little guy, and think about getting him a friend!

harveypiggie

Cavy Slave
I love the name Todd for a guinea pig! Why haven't I have thought of this! Have fun with the little guy, and think about getting him a friend!
Thanks!
I know I should get him a friend, but for now I think he should be ok considering he spends about 2 hours a day in his cage so he shouldnt be too lonely.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.