Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi!! I need a piggie name.

Sticky Mann

Cavy Slave
Hi

I regitered about 2-3 weeks ago but didn't see this page. I have one pig called Artemis (it's a girl). My 2 brothers keep badgering me because they think Artemis is a guy's name (they have recently read the Artemis Fowl books). I have proven to them that I in fact named her after the Greek (I think) goddess of the hunt. I am planning on getting another pig. But I can't decide on a good name. Mocha? Chi? Coco? And I have many others. Please I need a good name. My User Avatar are pics of Arty (Artemis).

heatherbunnie

Cavy Slave
Well, sticking with Greek gods/goddesses...for a girl piggy maybe Aphrodite, or Athena, and for a boy piggy maybe Ares or Apollo?

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
I always loved the name Isis for a girl, and he is the godess of love.(I believe)

Alusdra

Cavy Slave
Artemis is a goddess, so that's a fine name. It can be for either sex, I believe but more usually for girls.

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
Oh, I like Athena. Let us know what you pick.

Sticky Mann

Cavy Slave
Well my brothers have backed down from bugging me about the name Artemis but I haven't decided what to call my next pig. If it's a boy I am thinking of Cornelius or Winston JR the 3rd or maybe Petch (I had 2 mice and one escaped and the other died, they were called Patch and Pitch, so Petch would be in memory to them). If it's a girl I might do Athena or Issi (I had a rabbit that died when I was 2 and she was called Issi, so it would be in memory of her). I still can't decide. Is there anyway to have a male and a female in the same cage but not breed. My friend had a boy and he also wanted a girl so he took the boy to the vet to get desexed. He was fine the whole way through the operation except something got inside him and got infected. The piggy ended up dying. I really don't want to risk that with one of mine.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
If you don't want to have either the boy or girl altered, do not house them together. They would also not be able to play together during floortime or laptime. Guinea pigs don't decide whether or not to mate, they just do it, and it only takes seconds.

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
Is Artemis the pregnant pig still living outside??? You seem to have abandoned your other thread because you didn't wan to answer that question. How did Artemis get pregnant? Do your brothers have pigs too? Sometimes you refer to the pig(s) as they. Are you housing males and females together?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.