Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello ... Newbie Here!

savedbygrace06

Cavy Slave
Hi All, my name is Liz and I am a new cavey mom. I will post some pics as soon as I get them uploaded here. I was recommended to this site by a customer (and friend) of mine and I'm excited to be here.

A little about my piggy. He came to us by way of a friend. My friend's son had a friend that had this piggy and he was unable to take proper care of him. We had to put our beloved dog down in February and my 8 year old especially was so missing her. I believed it was a Godsend that Mr. Rupert came to us how and when he did. In fact, I had been talking about getting her a piggy because she loves my friends piggies so much and here Mr. Rupert was put into our laps, cage and all, within 48 hours of that conversation.

Mr. Rupert was actually "Rupert" but I have dubbed him "Mr." He just looks like a Mr. to me ... LOL. He's a sweetie!! I have never raised or cared for a piggy before so I can use all the help I can get.

Glad to be here and can't wait to get to know everyone!

Fay

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the website!

Please take the time to read the following websites thoroughly:

Guinea Pig Cages, Your Cavy At Home
(especially the care and medical section)
Guinea Lynx :: A Medical and Care Guide for Your Guinea Pig
(especially the cage and diet section)

Guinea pigs are hard to care for but VERY addicting!

Enjoy your stay, if you have any questions feel free to ask me or start a new topic (if you cannot find it by searching the forums).

One note of warning: PLEASE do not buy at petstores or breeders, ALSO a lot of vets and other websites have bad, inaccurate or undetailed care advice so do not blindly follow advice given by them. The best sources to read are the links given above.

Fay

heatherbunnie

Cavy Slave
Hi Liz! You'll find a lot of helpful info here, welcome!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.