Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello!

hippymom

Cavy Slave
New here, just came home with my (son's) 2 new darlings - Chuckie and Linney. I can tell already that we'll need a bigger cage and something to zap my twins from the cage :mischievo

Anyhoo, hello!!

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Congrats on the new fur kids. You will get lots of great ideas, and help, with building a new cage.

As far as keeping the kids back. May I suggest electric fences or shock collars?

I normally don't recommend shock collars for dogs but they work great on human children.*

*just kidding folks (well partially).

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
Cattle prods and tasers work well for kids too. Barbed wire is old fashioned but still has many good uses. :cheerful:

Welcome Hippymom, tell us about your new piggers. Oh, and please don't tell my kids what I said as they will be picking my nursing home! Yikes!

GailtheGuineaPg

Cavy Slave
Did the boys pick out Linney's name from Wonder Pets? That's so cute! It's great that you found this site, I wish I did when I first adopted mine.

hippymom

Cavy Slave
Congrats on the new fur kids. You will get lots of great ideas, and help, with building a new cage.

As far as keeping the kids back. May I suggest electric fences or shock collars?

I normally don't recommend shock collars for dogs but they work great on human children.*

Believe me, I've considered the collars :D

Cattle prods and tasers work well for kids too. Barbed wire is old fashioned but still has many good uses. :cheerful:

Welcome Hippymom, tell us about your new piggers. Oh, and please don't tell my kids what I said as they will be picking my nursing home! Yikes!

And Tasers :p

The girls are from a pet store (don't hurt me) because I had to convince my 6 year old that his (my) new pet wasn't supposed to be a Russian Tortoise. He fell in love, immediately, and is bragging to everyone about his new hamsters, he means, guinea pigs LOL.

So, I'm researching bigger cages since the PetSmart clerk was a complete moron. I asked about the wire cage bottoms because of my experience with rat wrangling and he said it would be fine. Luckily, another employee interfered and we've got a small "litter box" cage until this weekend.

Did the boys pick out Linney's name from Wonder Pets? That's so cute! It's great that you found this site, I wish I did when I first adopted mine.

Yeah, pretty much!!

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
Well, at least you avoided the Russian Tortoise. Next time, you can teach your son all about the joys of adopting an orphan piggy. Kids are usually fascinated with adoption. My daughter tried to send me off to China to get her a baby sister when she was four.

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave

When I rescued Midnight, he came with a bark collar and a shock collar. I left the collars on the table. The next day, My son Alex(13 at the time) had put the shock collar on my youngest son(12 at the time) and started to zap him everytime he did something wrong. When I got home Alex came running to me and said "mom, I know what will work on Ben to get him to behave and calm down". He went on to say that "That shock collar works great, I only had to shock him 5 times, now he is behaving himself". After I was done yelling at Alex and got the collar off of Ben I thought to myself, why didn't I think of that:melodrama

hippymom

Cavy Slave
Well, at least you avoided the Russian Tortoise. Next time, you can teach your son all about the joys of adopting an orphan piggy. Kids are usually fascinated with adoption. My daughter tried to send me off to China to get her a baby sister when she was four.

Oh, absolutely! That's funny about the baby sister LOL

When I rescued Midnight, he came with a bark collar and a shock collar. I left the collars on the table. The next day, My son Alex(13 at the time) had put the shock collar on my youngest son(12 at the time) and started to zap him everytime he did something wrong. When I got home Alex came running to me and said "mom, I know what will work on Ben to get him to behave and calm down". He went on to say that "That shock collar works great, I only had to shock him 5 times, now he is behaving himself". After I was done yelling at Alex and got the collar off of Ben I thought to myself, why didn't I think of that:melodrama

That's not a bad idea at all. I wonder if they make a twin version :crazy:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.