Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello

cocos mum

Cavy Slave
Hi, I am a new guinea pig owner. I got Coco from a pet shop who told me he was 6 weeks old. He is white with brown patches. One brown ear and one white. The whole family have fallen in love with him. He gets totally spoilt and eats better than the rest of us. The only down side is that he nibbles clothes and has made a few holes. I stupidly listened to the pet shop who said he would be happy on his own as long as he got alot of attention. He lives indoors his cage is upstairs but he has the run of half my frount room for most of the day. I worry about him being alone. we have had him for 2 months. how difficult would it be to introduce him to another male? I will post a picture when I work out how to do it.

chesneycwgrl

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Welcome!

He sounds like an adorable pig! Cant wait to see pictures!

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
He should be fine with another male. If you adopt an adult male then they should get along. If you get another young one, then they could have dominant issues.

cocos mum

Cavy Slave
Thankyou very much for your advice.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Be sure you verify that you pig is a boy before you adopt another male. Pet stores are notorious for selling mis-sexed animals, and you don't want any little surprises a few months down the line.

If you have problems finding a pig to adopt, please let us know your location. We can assist you in finding one, so that you don't have to support pet stores and breeding.

Welcome to the forum.

cocos mum

Cavy Slave
I will make sure I do. Thanks

Snowflake

Cavy Slave
Welcome here! I hope you find another male cavy to be friends with your first one soon.

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
My first two piggies were in a cage on a table near the window. One day when I went to close the curtains I found a hole about the size of a plum chewed in the curtain. What sharp little teeth you have, piggy boy!

cocos mum

Cavy Slave
I hate to think what would happen if I let Coco near any fabric in my house. he has a really big area about half my frount room, but it is well fenced in away from chairs and mats etc..

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
I can't wait to hear what Coco gets up to when he has a buddy! He sounds like fun.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.