Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Wanna build a C&C cage but...

brillobee

Cavy Slave
I want to build a C&C cage. Is there a way to get the grid openings smaller than 1" sq. I also have 2 ferrets, and fear that they will be able to get though the opening and to my piggies.

socal805

Cavy Slave
I don't know where you live but right now Target has grids that are mesh. I have seen pictures of cages made with the mesh grids and they look really good. There are many colors available too. The mesh grids would be good for baby piggies as well.

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
I don't know what size ferret you have, but I have a fairly petite little guy and try as he might he cannot get himself through the grids. I built him a 2 story cage using the regular grids and it hasn't failed to contain him so far and I promise he has tried with all his might. LOL Just be sure that you use zip ties to hold everything firmly in place, especially at the corners, where at least my ferret prefers to try and force himself an escape.

If you just don't trust the grids with your ferret, you can always double grid the cage as is shown in the baby proof section of the photo galleries.

The solid cube grids that my Target sells are actually poly rather than mesh.... I'm afraid a ferret would scratch right through poly material...not to mention it would offer next to no ventilation and wouldn't allow the ferret to see out of the cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.