Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Heya :)

AnimalWhispers

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone,

My name is Meg. I do not have any piggies yet but we are planning on taking in 2 real soon and wanted to do some research first. We know the basics but wanted to join a forum and have a place to come to ask questions when needed and meet others etc.
I have been into animal rescue & rehab for some many years now and mainly work with chinchillas and small exotics , and lets not forget cats. You'll find me on C&Q daily :)
I am also in the process of trying to apprentice to become a WLR.
G Pigs are one of the few I do not have much experience with. My main concern right now is which pellet to use. We already use Oxbow hay for the chins. We also make our own supplement and sell our own flower and herb mixes that are safe for Chins, Bunnies and G Pigs.
I have plenty of questions but I am pretty sure here is not where to ask and I will be searching around here first to find any answers myself before asking.
-Meg and the zoo

TheSnufflenoses

Cavy Slave
These 3 sites cover practically anything you need to know and are extremely reliable/knowledgeable. Anything you don't find answers to through them, feel free to ask here!

Index of /
Guinea Lynx :: A Medical and Care Guide for Your Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig Cages, Your Cavy At Home

As for the pellet question, go to the Guinea Lynx site, as they have great information about nutrition (ad everything else). However, a quick answer would be that Oxbow makes one of the best pellets for guinea pigs (Performance for young pigs under 6 months and Cuisine for adult pigs). Since you already buy Oxbow hay you can either add the pellets to your online orders or if a place near you sells Oxbow hay you can often have them order the pellets free of charge if they aren't already in stock.
Guinea Lynx :: Pellets

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.