Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello everyone!

luverofpiggies

Cavy Slave
I have actually posted once before, but for those who haven't seen that post (https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...help-new-rescue-pig-upset-hubby-new-post.html) I wanted to introduce myself and my piggies and share some pictures.

I have 2 girls, Popcorn and Squeakers, sisters who are about 8 weeks old. I am sorry to say they were purchased from a local pet store, I wouldn't do it again, but they are happy and healthy and have been a wonderful addition to our family. We briefly had 1 male rescue pig, Harry Presley. If you want to know more about him you can read my other thread referenced above.

Anyway, my girls have a 2x4 grid C&C cage with a 2x4 upper deck. The kitchen area is located upstairs which is where the girls hang out most of the time, for Squeakers all the time because she just will not use the ramp. The downstairs is devoted to playtime, hideaways and beds. I use fleece downstairs, pink with bright colored daisies, and outdoor carpet upstairs, except the kitchen which is a mixture of pine shavings and hay.

My girls love thier veggies and wheek when they hear me getting them ready. I was lucky enough to have a brother-in-law who lives in Boulder, 3 hours away, where there is a local petstore that sells Oxbow products, so I purchased them on the phone and he picked them up and brought them to me about a week ago. They are now feasting on Cavy Performance, timothy and alfalfa hay and they love it all!

Well here are my girls and Harry.

Darn it all...I have been working for several hours trying to get my pictures on the net so I could insert them here and it still doesn't want to work so I will just give you the link so you can see them all.

(broken link removed)

Hopefully that works. If not please let me know. If anyone has another suggestion on how I can post my pictures directly on a post I would love that information as well.

Well, I will quit jabbering as my son is begging me to go for a walk and I am sure I have "talked" your ear off already. It's nice to be here.

Jeni, Popcorn & Squeakers :heart:

Terekins

Cavy Slave
Aw their really sweet, and what nice photos. It's so nice that you can let them outside like that!

luverofpiggies

Cavy Slave
Aw their really sweet, and what nice photos. It's so nice that you can let them outside like that!

Well this is the first time I've had them outside. I am afraid to put them on my grass since I have to put chemicals on it. I haven't put any on yet this year, but I don't want to take chances. I am growing them some nice grass inside. It is almost ready for them and I can't wait to see what they think!

Terekins

Cavy Slave
How did you do that? I'd love to grow an indoor garden/playground for them, but their cage is already taking up about 1/5 of the apartment :)

luverofpiggies

Cavy Slave
I just found an oval shaped pot that I am growing some grass in that I set in their cage for the first time tonight. I think they liked it, but they were sitting on top and squashing the grass flat so I don't know how much they were able to eat.

There is a great thread on growing your own grass that I skimmed through on Guinea Lynx. Let me see if I can find the link...ahhh, found it.
Guinea Lynx :: Topic - Easy wheatgrass growing (photos), share yours too!

I would love to try this probably this summer. It looks pretty cool!

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
Hi again, Am3erican. Your piggies are beautiful! I love the piggies in the pansies, especially. I can see why you wanted to keep Harry! I would have too. What a doll! Did you find him a home? You cleaned him up beautifully.

luverofpiggies

Cavy Slave
Hi again, Am3erican. Your piggies are beautiful! I love the piggies in the pansies, especially. I can see why you wanted to keep Harry! I would have too. What a doll! Did you find him a home? You cleaned him up beautifully.

He was gorgeous wasn't he? I am not sure about the home yet. I took him to a rescuer from Dream Power Rescue (about 45 minutes away) on Thursday. They are having an adoption fair at Petco this weekend, so I will call them Monday and see if he found a home. I did talk to the rescuer about their adoption process (seeing as how they will be at Petco) and potential new owners have to fill out a 2 page adoption application, which Dream Power has the right to refuse, and if the rescuers feel that any pet is not a good match they will redirect the potential owners to a better option. They also will take back in any pet that does not work out in their new home. So it sounds as if Harry has alot better chence of getting a good, loving forever home with Dream Power, rather than with the shelter. :)

As far as my girls, it wasn't easy getting the pansy pictures. Especially with Popcorn as all she wanted to do was eat everything! I have a couple pics of her getting ready to take a bite of a pansy and my everygreen bush, but I made sure she didn't eat anything just in case it might not be too good for her.

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
Yes, it sounds like you found the right rescue for Harry and, handsome as he is, you know everyone will love him. Finding the RIGHT owner is the thing! Good luck little Harry!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.