Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Where to buy Megazorb?

tillie

Cavy Slave
Hi can anyone help me to find where I can buy megazorb from? Ive looked on their site but the 1 place it does say for Dorset doesnt sell it anymore. Ive looked online but found it works out with delivery £12.10. Any help would be appreciated. Im using carefresh at the mo which works out a bit expensive :sad:

tillie

Cavy Slave
Just to add...I only need it for the litter tray which is 26 inches x 24 and has their food/water/hay in it. The rest of my cage is fleece. I find newspaper in the litter tray gets messy within minuets and even though they obviously have their hay in a hay rack I want to limit it and not use it on the floor as I am allergic to the hay. Do any of you have problems with allergys with the megazorb as Ive heard it can be dusty? What else would you guys recommend for the litter tray for someone with allergys?

JarBax

Cavy Slave
This thread may interest you!

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/uk/19653-megazorb.html

I finally found my megazorb by asking the local equine supplies shops locally. I now pay £5.99 per bag (or £5.20 - depending with who deals with the order!) and collect it myself, which saves a huge amount on postage! One shop didn't entertain the idea of ordering anything they hadn't heard of for me, the other was more than happy! I don't know what kind of minature pony they think I have, because I haven't let on it's for guinea pigs!

I used to use carefresh in litter trays, but now have a large bedded area instead, though use littertrays at floortime - but as it's short term, I tend to use shredded paper instead. This could be an option for you, as megazorb is dusty, though it would need at least daily cleaning - as it can get a bit mushy. (I get sacks of shredded paper free through work - so it is a good option financially too!)

Carefresh is now available in larger bags - but it is costly at £4.99 postage!

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/uk/26365-yay-carfresh-50-litre-bags-uk.html

Also there is a new bedding, which might be worth a try:

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/uk/26609-new-bedding-uk.html

magicroundabout

Cavy Slave
Thanks JarBax, I was about to suggest the same thing, lol!

and Tillie megazorb might not be good for your allergys because I found that when I used it and cleaned out my guineas I could feel the dust getting up my nose and clogging my throat (sorry if that sounds disgusting[FONT=&quot][/FONT]) and I don't have any know allergys!
I would have a look at those links JarBax gave you, they maybe a bit more expencive but it might be worth while.

tillie

Cavy Slave
Thanks for your help. I think I'll try the megazorb and see how I go, if it affects me too bad then I'll stick with the carefresh and order the 50 litre. I did try the shredded paper as I could get it from work but I didnt find it much good as it doesnt really absorb anything.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.