Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

qmda76

Cavy Slave
I just got 2 piggies last weekend. I had pigs back when I was 15, but not since then. My friends were at Petsmart (I know, bad), and there were 2 pigs that a lady had brought in because she had too many, so they assumed I wanted them and got them for me. They are both tri-color, and their names are Xander and Willow. Xander is actually at the vet's today, recovering from getting neutered this morning.

I'll post some pics later, when I get some decent ones. They're pretty skittish and run to hide in their pigloo when I come near. My friend's hubby is working on building me a custom cage this week, right now the poor guys are set up in a 20-gallon aquarium until their new home is ready. I've got a place to go to get my coroplast for the bottoms of their new cage (it'll be a 2-level).

I've been getting all kinds of feeding tips on here. My guys love their timothy hay, couldn't care less about their pellets, and love veggies. So far they've tried cucumber, cilantro, carrots, red and green bell peppers, oranges, and grapes.

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
Welcome! It seems you have read up a lot, and have done great so far. Love the names, from Buffy the vampire slayer, right?

qmda76

Cavy Slave
Yep, that's right! I thought about Spike instead of Xander, but the little guy doesn't have enough attitude to be a Spike, at least from what I can tell so far. :)

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Hey there and welcome to the forums. Can't wait to see pictures.

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Congrats on your 2 new piggies and I can't wait to see the pics of them.

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Congrats on your pigs! Don't feel bad about getting your pigs from petsmart, it happens to almost everyone...Can't wait to see some pics!

crazywiggy

Cavy Slave
Hi, welcome to the forum. I love your piggies names!

qmda76

Cavy Slave
I'm hoping to get some pictures this weekend! My sister was supposed to pick up my coroplast from the sign store tonight, and my friend's hubby is still working on their cage...I hope it's all done by Sunday! My guys deserve a lot more room than what they've got right now.

qmda76

Cavy Slave
Here are my piggies:

Xander:
DSC05920.jpg

Willow:
DSC05922.jpg

I'm really hoping she's not pregnant, but if she is, I've got a couple of homes lined up already.

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
Your piggies are adorable. Your cage looks interesting, can you get a picture showing the whole cage?

qmda76

Cavy Slave
Sure...it's a "different" one. Both sides of the front open, and it's 2 levels. the bottom level has the bedding and pigloo, the top so far just has towels and that's where I've been putting their hay and fruits/veggies.

DSC05916.jpg

qmda76

Cavy Slave
that picture is misleading, it looks like they're crammed in there, but the angle was weird, and they were trying to hide (it was right after I put them in there for the first time).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.