Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Why cloroplast?

Slave to the Rose

Cavy Slave
I understand to some degree why cloroplast is used but why use that? Why not use some other material? Is there some secret property of cloroplast that makes is superior? I'm just curious.

GailtheGuineaPg

Cavy Slave
Choroplast lasts for a long time and is water proof. So it's easy to clean. It's also anti-static and flame resistant .. not that we'd put fire near our sweet piggaroos.

stubblychin
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Jennicat

Cavy Slave
I understand to some degree why cloroplast is used but why use that? Why not use some other material? Is there some secret property of cloroplast that makes is superior? I'm just curious.

Coroplast is
  • cheap
  • lightweight
  • waterproof
  • flexible (for easy transport in cars)
  • easy to shape
  • found in most areas (common for signs)
  • available in many colors
  • holds up well

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
Metal rusts, wood absorbs urine, painted materials can be toxic.
Coroplast is a light weight plastic that is easy to cut and shape, is very durable and strong, is easy to clean, and won't absorb urine. If it is cleaned on a regular basis it will remain stain free and last for probably the life of your guinea pigs. Considering it's convenience it is cost efficient.

Linoleum can also be used but it isn't nearly as easy to form into a cage liner, and isn't really all that much cheaper than using coroplast.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.