Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

We lost Pixie-Pie this morning

Piggiepen

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry to say that after a short battle with bloating, Pixie-Pie died this morning. We are going to miss her bright pink eyes and funny squeaky way of wheeking everytime the fridge opens. Good-bye little girl, I'm glad you're in a better place now.

Terekins

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry. What is bloating, if you don't mind my asking?

Piggiepen

Cavy Slave
Basically a build up of gas in her digestive tract that she couldn't eliminate. She went to the vet on Friday night because I noticed she looked puffy (almost pregnant looking). I actually asked my daughter if she'd put Pixie in with the boys because I thought she looked pregnant! The vet did an exam and didn't find anything too alarming. He said it could be due to the fresh grass she'd gotten a day before to eat and it was causing an excess of gas build up in her tummy. He prescibed Reglan to help her stomach empty quicker and sent us home. I spent all weekend making sure she was drinking enough and giving her critical care as he didn't want her eating pellets & fresh veggies for a few days. Came home from work late last night to find her huddled in a corner and looking bloated again. I was going to take her back to the vet this morning, but she passed away during the night.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry to hear about your little piggy. RIP Pixie-pie.

Piggiepen

Cavy Slave
Thank-you so much for your concern. I have this empty, lost feeling in my heart today. I sure didn't expect her to pass away so suddenly. She was a sweet and unexpected addition to our herd and now it's hard seeing the empty cage and no pink eyes looking back at me.

RayFay

Cavy Slave
Poor little Pixie Pie. Goodbye sweet darling run free in the grasses of heaven!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.