Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I've got a furry new little buddy!!

Me&Jake

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! I've been lurking here for a bit, and I have to say that this is the most informative GP site I've found on the web!

I recently took in a guinea pig from a lady advertising him on free-cycle. Her story broke my heart, she couldn't keep him anymore because her land-lord threw a fit and she had to be rid of him by Friday. If no one took him by Friday, she didn't know what she was going to do with him. I spoke with her and told her I would take him in. That Friday morning she called and told me to come pick him up.

His name is Jake, and he is approximately 3 months old. He is in perfect health, and incredibly outgoing! He has so much personality! He makes me laugh so hard! Jake is currently in a pet-store cage, and I'm working on getting all the materials to build him a nice new C&C cage! Until I get his new home built, he's getting tons and tons of floor time. After he's moved to his new home, I plan on getting him a brother. Ly&Pigs has been very helpful in me finding rescues in my area, so hopefully I'll be able to find him a friend soon.

I've only had him a little over a week now, and he has completely stolen my heart!!

This site has been so helpful! I've found myself reading way into the night, I just can't learn enough about these little critters! I also have a Cockatiel, a cat and two dogs (who have no contact with Jake). All of my animals get the best of care, and I want to make sure Jake does too! Thanks to all of you for being so helpful!!

Sorry about the novel!! Here's Jake:
100_5281re.jpg

100_5280re.jpg

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Jake is adorable! I'm so glad Jake is going to have a C+C cage soon; it will make him so happy, you will find him popcorning off the walls soon!

Me&Jake

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Jake is adorable! I'm so glad Jake is going to have a C+C cage soon; it will make him so happy, you will find him popcorning off the walls soon!

Thank you! I can't imagine how much he'll popcorn in his new home, he popcorns constantly already!! lol

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Jake is so cute, I love the bed head look he has.

Terekins

Cavy Slave
He's super cute.

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
I love his little piggy butt. Poor lady who had to give him up. I would have moved.

Me&Jake

Cavy Slave
Thank you all so much for the replies!! He's a ham!

I love his little piggy butt. Poor lady who had to give him up. I would have moved.

Me too, one good reason that I'll never rent unless there is no other option.

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
What a cutie.

mommyoffive

Cavy Slave
He is adorable, welcome to the forum!

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
He is adorable. I am a bit biased though, as I have 3 that could be his twins ;)
Welcome to the forum, and happy reading hehe!

crazywiggy

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome. Jake is really cute, that was great of you to rescue him. :)
You've done so well - taking on a rescue piggie, and deciding to get him a better cage and a friend - so congrats on being a great piggy parent!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.