Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi!!!

Kpup28

Cavy Slave
Well, I thought I would say hello because I haven't been around for two years...

After my mother said I would not be getting a piggie I didn't come back for a while. However, my mother's office manager's daughter recently asked my mother if we would take her piggie because she didn't have time for him. I was extremely surprized when she agreed! However, the piggie, who we have re-named Skooter, came in an "extra-large" commercial cage. I had cubes and built him a 2X4 cage. However, my mother thinks his cage is "just fine". Since I also want to adopt another piggie to acompany him, I hope to convince her that the bigger cage is essential for his well-being.

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
Hello. I was not around 2 years ago, but it is good you got a piggie. I hope your mom comes around and understands that he will healthier and happier in a bigger cage.

crazywiggy

Cavy Slave
Hi, welcome (back) !

Well done for building a nice cage, I wish you luck convincing your mother. You could try reading up about why piggies need as much space as possible for good health and their psychological well being. A bored piggie in a small cage is going to be bored, lonely, under-exercised etc and more likely to get sick. If you can explain this to her she might accept that a big cage really is a necessity, not a luxury. And since you have already built a great cage it won't cost you any more to put Skooter in it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.