Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Yay! carfresh in 50 litre bags. IN UK!!!

magicroundabout

Cavy Slave
Bunny bascis ((broken link removed) ) now sell carfresh in the 50 litre bags! They are the only ones who sell it in the UK! I was very excited when I saw it :cheerful: because I had to stop using it because it got too expencive in those diddy little bags. I also noticed that they also sell Aspen too! It is a great site anyway so it is well worth a look!

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Thanks for that magic! I too used to use the wee 10l bags of carefresh, until I decided to bed my 2 x 3 kitchen area, and discovered I could buy megazorb locally! I just ordered two sacks of megazorb yesterday (typical!), but ... ordered a 50l of carefresh too! Perhaps it was the novelty - or maybe the sunshine, but at least I'll not run out of bedding for a while! Thanks again!

magicroundabout

Cavy Slave
Thats ok! Im glad your as excited as me! Hope this helps others too!

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Definitely!

I must be mad! I need my front foom to store all the stuff from my kitchen which is getting demolished, and then rebuilt. I have 2 heeeuge sacks of Megazorb coming soon, and have just ordered a big bag of carefresh?!!! Where am I going to PUT it all?!!!

Must have been the sunshine!

£4.99 p&p? Yikes ma crikes! Also in the cool of the evening wondering how far a 50l bag will go in my 2 x 3 kitchen area? Am imagining a 10l bag, and timesing it by 5, maybe it'll cover it! Think I'll use it in my playtime litter trays though!

Thanks again.

magicroundabout

Cavy Slave
Wow didn't know P+P was that much (I haven't ordered yet), oh well lets just hope that it is the first of many to start stocking it!?! Yeah I think that it would be better using it in litter trays, because like you said it won't go too far (I get carried away and don't think about the practical things, lol)

I know what you mean about finding places to put things, there just isn't enough space in one house for spoilt little piggies, lol!

JarBax

Cavy Slave
The bag arrived promptly a couple of days ago now. It isn't all that huge - infact, it is disappointingly small, in that there is the chance that it might fill my 2 x 3 litter tray...ahem...I mean hay loft bedded area - but that would be for one week only. It will definitely be used for the littertrays at floortime. On the upside - it'll not take up too much space in storage - I could probably fit it neatly somewhere between the megazorb, and the um, megazorb!

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
I don't think it's worth the money at all. £11.25 for 50l of carefresh vs £7.50 odd for 85l of megazorb - no competition! I don't have to pay to get the megazorb delivered either!

magicroundabout

Cavy Slave
Thats true! But I couldn't get on with megazorb myself, a few bags I bought gave off a thick black dust so I had to stop using it. I quite like carefresh, Just personal choice I guess.

wheeky-UK

Cavy Slave
I'v heard that megazorb can smell quite bad. Quite a strong smell of horses and their waste. Is that true? Iv been wanting to find a more economical solution to carefresh for a while.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
I'v heard that megazorb can smell quite bad. Quite a strong smell of horses and their waste. Is that true? Iv been wanting to find a more economical solution to carefresh for a while.

No it doesn't smell like horses or their waste. It smells sort of disinfectanty.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
As it is intended for use in stables, it probably does smell of horse waste, once it's been used! lol

My local supplier of megazorb has closed down, so I am back to square one...

Maisiepaisie

Cavy Slave
I decided to have a look round for other types of bedding and found Megazorb and Carefresh for sale at (broken link removed). I've used Carefresh before and was very pleased with it but my local supplier stopped selling it. I'm wondering are they both similar quality? Megazorb is cheaper but I know I like Carefresh so I'm undecided which to buy.

AndreaG

Cavy Slave
A 50L bag is not much really. Megazorb comes in 85L sacks and is priced around £5-£6 from most equestion shops/suppliers/farms.

I would recommend it over Carefresh

Maisiepaisie

Cavy Slave
One more question, does Megazorb stick to fleece? Last time I tried fleece one of the things that put me off was the way shavings stick all over it. I imagine Carefresh will be ok on the fleece but what about Megazorb? Anyone here use Megazorb with fleece? I need a suitable bedding for hay zones because hay on the fleece is really annoying, as I'm sure all the fleece users here will agree.

BTW Bunny Basics don't appear to be selling the 50L Carefresh bags now, just the small ones.

AndreaG

Cavy Slave
I only use Vet bed during the Winter - just because It's so annoying to wash. I shake and shake and shake outside, brush down and hoover and still all my clothes get hairs all over them.

But when I did use it, yeah megazorb does stick to it? What doesn't? LOL. I just brushed it off though.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Everything sticks to vetbed. I'm surprised the pigs don't get lost in the pile! Megazorb doesn't stick badly to fleece, it's easily swept off.

thalestral

Cavy Slave
I use vetbed, but it's the gold stuff - no problems with stickiness :) Unless you count Rosie who would tie herself to it if she could. Poor lass, she's "slumming it" on fleece at the moment and she's very huffy about it.

i-love-nev

Cavy Slave
lol thalestral poor girl.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.