Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ophelia

weaseldropping

Cavy Gazer
Ophelia passed away peacefully with the help of our vet this afternoon.
Her poor little body simply couldn't take any more, and when I tried to syringe feed her this afternoon she just put her paw on my hand, looked up and me then turned away from the syringe. She had had enough too.

She had been so good and put up with so much, with her best mate going blind when Offie was still young - she helped Sooty so much wit everything - finding the food bowl, grooming her, everything. When Sooty became terminally ill, Renee came to live with us so that Offie could have some company. Little did we expect Renee to produce Georgette a few weeks later! Offie loved looking after he baby, even when George was twice Offie's weight!

Renee and George can't work out what has happened. When I buried Sooty, all three pigs sat at the edge of the run and watched every step of the funeral. Today I kept them out of te way - I couldn't bear to have them watching me.

I now have to go and tell the rest of the family. They are next door putting up a shed for Granny and haven't realised yet what has happened.

I have been blessed to have three years with one of the nicest guinea pigs I have ever met. It has been an honour.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry to read about Ophelia - she sounded like a truly special girl.

lynn's Cavies

Cavy Slave
Please know I am so sorry for the loss of Ophelia. (((hugs))) My guinea pig, Tim, has kidney failure and it is so hard.

Give yourself time to grieve.
Lynn

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry you lost Ophelia. It sounds like she knew it was her time. She had a wonderful life, I'm sure it was better than she could have ever asked for.

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss.

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
Im very sorry.

When Ophelia crosses the rainbow bridge I hope she will watch for Zig Pig and Fat Boy. They came into the world together and are leaving together this afternoon. Fat Boy was almost gone. He hadn't eaten or drunk a thing for three days. Zig Pig was about a week behind in his decline. Thanks to Guinea Lynx they had three extra months. They would have been six this August. Fat Boy used to sit in his little arm chair and watch the world go by. He looked like he needed a can of beer and a little tv.

You did the right thing and so did I but it's still so hard.

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for your loss, she was a real trooper.

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry. Sounds like she'll be missed deeply by you and her cagemates.

Pamela Barr

Cavy Slave
Sorry for your lose, take care.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.