Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I'm so excited!!!

Katie_bug

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone! My name is Katie and I LOVE guinea pigs. But who doesn't?
A while back my boyfriend Charlie and I decided it was time for us to get a pet, and we decided that guinea pigs would be the perfect pets for us. Boy were we right!!! Last December, for my 5 year anniversary present, Charlie suprised me with a female piggy (Babs). The good news is she is the sweetest most adorable piggy I could have hoped for. The bad news is she came from a pet store. At the time we didn't know we could adopt, but we have since learned the error of our ways. We knew Babs needed a buddy, so we found a local piggy adoption place, but the only girls they had were pregnant. So we waited and waited and FINALLY, a few days ago we got our second guinea, Missy. Missy is sweet and shy but a little bossy. We hope they will be good friends in time. So far they are getting along pretty well. I have built a 2x5 C&C cage for them which they really enjoy. Below are some pics of the piggys. The first is Babs (laying on Charlie's tummy), followed by Missy. I love them so much and I'm very excited to be a part of this forum! Thank you all for all the information you provide to new piggy owners like me!!

Coiler

Cavy Slave
Welcome to you and your beautifull piggies :D

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
Welcome. Great of you to make them a nice cage and rescue Missy, I am sure she is grateful. They are so pretty, I really like Babs ..lol

Katie_bug

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the nice comments Coiler and Piggly Wiggly!

I wanted to update this thread because we adopted two more pigs!! YAY! I finally found a way to make our cage big enough (2x7) to adopt two pigs instead of just one more, and we went to a local adoption place and got the two cutest girls!! We named them Muffin and Bubbles. I've attached pictures of them below.

This is Muffin. She's a Peruvian mix.
https://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb86/K8E_bug/Guinea Pig/Muffin.jpg

This is Muffin's sister Bubbles.
https://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb86/K8E_bug/Guinea Pig/Bubbles.jpg

I couldn't resist putting in this silly pigture of Missy and Babs. You can also see Muffin in the background. I couldn't get rid of red eye though. :grumpy:
https://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb86/K8E_bug/Guinea Pig/MissyBabs.jpg

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
They are so cute, I'm jealous! lol Congratulations!

By the way, there is no chance that Missy could be pregnant, right? She looks awfully round!

Katie_bug

Cavy Slave
Thanks envisionary! Missy is a chunk, but she was really round when we got her and we've had her for about four months now. The rescue we got her from said she always looked pregnant too so they kept her for a while to make sure she wasn't. She's just a chunky lady I guess. :cheerful:

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
:cheerful: Muffin and Bubbles made me laugh out loud. What amazing hairdos. I hope you realize that you are addicted to piggies now and there's no cure...except more piggies

Katie_bug

Cavy Slave
They made me laugh out loud too! lol They are sooo funny! I had to cut their hair recently because Bubble's got so long you couldn't see her little face. I am totally addicted to pigs! We're even talking about trying to find the girls a neutered boy.

CavyHubby

Cavy Slave
Wow you really got lucky on some great piggies! Welcome to the forums.

Safe Journies
Samuel

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.