Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Other What would be different ??

BozsMom

Cavy Slave
I have made a C&C cage for my chinchilla already. I don't own any piggies though not right now at least. I thought of making a whelping box for my Boston Terrier to have pups in out of C&C. Does anyone think that would be a good idea or not, if you could give me reasons that would be great !! I would of course have to make the walls taller and reinforce also. Any ideas on what to reinforce with? Any suggestions,info,tips would be very helpful !!

**thnx**

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
I don't think it would be sturdy enough for pups, but why are you breeding her anyway?

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I would have to agree that coroplast might not be sturdy enough on its own for a whelping box. Maybe if you built the box out of wood, and made a coroplast liner to make it waterproof and easier to clean after the birth?

While yes, the forum is anti-breeding, obviously the dog is already pregnant. Let's try to answer questions and try to educate instead of jumping into the arguments.

BozsMom

Cavy Slave
I didn't know the forum was for non-breeding. But this is a dog not a guinea pig. I breed to better the breed and to educate people on how wonderful this breed is. I saw a coroplast whelping box with vinyl framing that was holding up and a little girl was sitting on it. But the price for it was outrageous when I could make one myself. Besides Bostons don't get big, by the time they went to their new homes they'd weigh maybe 4-5 lbs.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
The forum is anti-breeding in general, so please do not start any discussions on how to breed or why you breed. There are simply too many animals in rescues and shelters for breeding to be necessary. You can educate people about how wonderful the breed is without producing more animals.
BozsMom said:
I saw a coroplast whelping box with vinyl framing that was holding up and a little girl was sitting on it. But the price for it was outrageous when I could make one myself.
Could you possibly get a closer look at this box and figure out what materials they used?

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
This will not turn into a breeding/breeder how to or why discussion. I don't care if the animal is a guinea pig, dog, snake or any other animal. We do not advocate breeding of any animals on this forum. You are not welcome to discuss it here.

If you actually breed to "better the breed" then I would assume that you already have the plans for how to build a good whelping box and would know that the cubes would probably be a poor choice since you already have done plenty of research, communication and networking with other breeders, rescues and vets and would have discussed the possibilities of the uses of coroplast and cubes at all the shows you attend and enter your dogs in to insure that they are indeed superior examples of their breed.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.