Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vinegar for cleaning Fleece

Fay

Cavy Slave
So I want to try to use Vinegar to wash the fleece, towels and other fluffy things. The thing is you have all different kind of vinegars. You have cleaning vinegar and vinegars you can use for salads and stuff. Which vinegar am I supose to use? How much do I put in the laundry?

pignewton

Cavy Slave
Just use regular cheap white vinegar. After the wash has gone completely through one cycle set the machine for an extra rinse only and add about 1/2 to 1 cup of vinegar. You will be amazed at the amount of soap that comes out!

Fay

Cavy Slave
Well I checked at the shop and only vinegars I can find is for eating or cleaning. What should I watch out for on the packaging?

fairysari

Cavy Slave
You can eat the same plain white vinegar you clean with. I just checked the bottle in my laundry room, and it just says that it is 5% acetic acid by volume, that's the only 'ingredient.'

Fay

Cavy Slave
Thanks I'll look for that! I just wasn't sure if either one of the food or cleaning vinegar would be damaging. I'll buy a bottle and post the ingredients here and a picture to make sure its right before using. I certainly don't want to do anything that could hurt my piggies! Just things are a bit different in the netherlands then the US.

pignewton

Cavy Slave
Yes, its just the regular vinegar used for food - I dont believe there is a "special" one for cleaning.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Yes, its just the regular vinegar used for food - I dont believe there is a "special" one for cleaning.
Often products are labeled differently in different countries. White vinegar might say white, salad, or cleaning vinegar. What is most important is to check the ingredients. It should say 5% acetic acid by volume. Water might also be listed, but that should be the only other ingredient.

pignewton

Cavy Slave
Yes, good point Percys Mom, I did not realize the poster was from the Netherlands.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.