Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Where to get corflute in Sydney

ice_on_fire

Cavy Slave
i live in ryde and i first got my corflute from the local art basics and it was such a rip off..!! a sheet of corflute that's barely enough for a 2x3 C&C cage costed me $32.. so you know anywhere near there i can get for cheaper..?

Minique

Cavy Slave
ice_on_fire said:
i live in ryde and i first got my corflute from the local art basics and it was such a rip off..!! a sheet of corflute that's barely enough for a 2x3 C&C cage costed me $32.. so you know anywhere near there i can get for cheaper..?
Hello there - I am on the Gold Coast and I rang 4 different signmaking businesses and they all quoted me varying amounts for a 1 x 2 mt 5mm thick piece of Corflute. In the end I paid 13 dollars for it - went to the cheapest - but yes, one of the quotes was for 28 dollars. When you call the signmakers tell them what it's for... if they think you need it for a sign that you're going design/paint yourself they'll charge you more because you're like.... not using their signwriting services - however if you explain what you need it for, they usually let you have it at a reasonable fee....

amie60

Cavy Slave
We got our corflute from a sign shop in Blacktown called Sign a Rama, we went in and explained that we wanted it for a guinea pig cage, and told them how we were making it, and we got a huge sheet, enough for a 2x5 grid cage for $20, we even had to cut it down a bit. Our only problem was fitting it in our car :)

AngelaT

Cavy Slave
You can get it at the Plastix Centre. There is one in Arncliffe and one in Bankstown. They are open till 5 on a weekday and 12 or 1pm on a saturday. For a sheet the size of a 2 x 4 i was quoted $13. I called Sign a rama in Alexandria and they quoted me $65!! Try some art supply shops as well.

csharpmajor

Cavy Slave
Try going straight to a plastics supplier instead of an art store or signmaker's or any other place that has to buy it from the plastics supplier first. I got a 2440x 1220mm sheet for $20 including tax. Not a brilliant price, but reasonable. It's also easier to talk down the price if you buy it directly from the supplier.

AngelaT

Cavy Slave
Actually the stuff i got from the Art shop was only $14 for a 3 x 2 size. I wouldnt call it expenive, a lot better then sign a rama. They wouldnt budge on the $68 price even after i told them that there were other stores around selling the same thing for 1/4 of the price.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.