Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New run/floortime area

guineapigfan9000

Cavy Slave
I was debating whether to put this in the outdoor environments area or the floortime area since they are in a shed but anyhow I decided since I use it for floor time it's floor time.
I made a new floor time run!! It is absolutely HUGE, about 40 square feet, take-away the place under one of the cages which I blocked off for safety reasons. So it's maybe 30 square feet.
I basically blocked off an area with mesh, around their cages and a little outside the shed. It needs to be supervised obviously but what's the point of run time if you don't get to watch them playing (I hate it when people just leave their pigs during run/floor time. I mean, when do they cuddle them, if not then??).
I raised one cage up extra-high so I can reach in to grab them if they wander underneath and blocked off the area under the other cage, which has the added benefit of reducing draughts under that cage.
It took a bit of rearranging the cages (I also got a major scratch on my leg from moving the stands around) but their run area is DONE.
They'd already had run time for today in the old run so I could only give them a couple of minutes in this run today but they LOVE the place.
I'm not quite done on it yet though as the back isn't perfectly secure, I'm having to pretty much stay put supervising back there when I'm love to be able to crawl around with them.

Piggy92

Cavy Slave
It sounds great!

heatherbunnie

Cavy Slave
That sounds like lots of fun for your piggies! Do you have any pictures of it?

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
I would love to see some pics of it! Sounds HUGE, 30 square feet!? You have some lucky pigs.

guineapigfan9000

Cavy Slave
Man, I just had to reduce it to 15-20 square feet because some of the area was rocky and I'm worried about my pigs' feet getting hurt. They still like it though. Today they got 2 hours of run time, all supervised while I scrubbed the cages.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.