Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

wouldnt you have to replace coroplast often??

brittybrat

Cavy Slave
see, i use fleece. but im thinking of switching to coroplast. but does it have to be replaced often, becuase it seems it would.

thank you
~*~brittany~*~
:love:

Last edited by a moderator:

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
You probably should be using both. Coroplast for a tray and the fleece for the bedding. You can't really replace the fleece with coroplast. And coroplast is plastic, so it really shouldn't need replacing unless you redesign your cage and it doesn't fit anymore. Then you can either cut it or tape another piece to it to make it fit.

If you aren't using coroplast under your fleece, what are you using? Linoleum? Shower curtain? Can you post pics?

Terekins

Cavy Slave
Coroplast, if kept clean, can last indefinitely. It's extremely durable, waterproof and easy to clean. It's basically corrugated (like cardboard) plastic.

brittybrat

Cavy Slave
TX_2_pigs...i am using wood under my fleece. but its to hard to keep up, so im switching.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I'd get rid of the wood because since you used nothing else between the fleece and the wood, the wood has absorbed all the urine and will be full of bacterias.

Coroplast is very durable, long lasting and easy to clean. Fleece wicks moisture to whatever is underneath it. But you will need something absorbable between the fleece and the coroplast such as many layers of newspaper, towels, mattress pad/crib pad, puppy pads, etc.

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
OK, so just build a tray of coroplast and put on top of your wood. And if you want to switch from using fleece you will have to switch to some other sort of bedding, like carefresh.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.