Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

ROLLING coroplast??

catzeye21138

Cavy Slave
I've been avoiding this question for a while now but I see so many people talking about rolling their coroplast up for storage ect. Mine is like 3 mm coroplast but it is UNROLLABLE. Its like plastic cardboard, I can't really even walk on it because like I said, its plastic cardboard and it might get smooshed. Am I not using the right kind of coroplast? Am I missing something here? Or are you guys just leaving me out on some big secret.
: O Also, am I the only one here who just can't roll it up?

Thanks for any imput!
Linds

heatherbunnie

Cavy Slave
I don't think chloroplast is rollable, you could fold it I guess. But when it gets repeatedly bent back and forth it's going to fatigue quickly. What I do with my extra chloroplast is just butt it up against the wall in my closet, no rolling or folding.

heatherbunnie

Cavy Slave
I was wrong! catzeye if you go to the photo gallery section, there's some pictures of rolled chloroplast. Hmmm. I just tried to roll my extra and couldn't, we must have a different kind or something.

Malhablada

Cavy Slave
FYI, it helps a LOT if the coroplast is warm when you try rolling it. As if it's been laying in the bed of a pickup truck during a hot summer day? That kind of warm.

Now, as for how to warm it without the benefit of laying it somewhere hot outside, I've got nothing. Just saying ;)

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
It can't be rolled into a real thin roll but it can be rolled into a larger type roll. I've done it myself. 3mm isn't that thick.

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
The last time I bought coroplast I got two full sheets of it, and I didn't have the time nor patience to try and roll it out in the parking lot to get it into my van. I wound up bending it to get it in, and it didn't ruin it at all. It straightened right back out when I got it home to build my cage. You can see "scar" (a line) in it where it was bent, but it didn't break or lose it's integrity any.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.