PDA

View Full Version : Are pellets necessary?

Sierra
09-30-04, 11:12 am
If I gave unlimited hay, fresh veggies, and grass and other greens, would pellets be necessary for rabbits?

bunnyluv17
09-30-04, 12:36 pm
If I gave unlimited hay, fresh veggies, and grass and other greens, would pellets be necessary for rabbits?
I would reccomend that you give limited pellets daily. It will help ensure your rabbits get everything they need to as far as nutrition goes. If you are really interested in a no-pellet diet then you should discuss it with a rabbit-savvy vet. Rabbits who do not get pellets, often are not consuming enough salt or other nutrients. And some will not use a salt-lick.(salt licks aren't nessecary for rabbits fed pellets)

Sierra
09-30-04, 05:04 pm
Okay, thanks! I have been giving my rabbits way too many pellets, I have found out, and not enough hay or veggies. :(

samandshawn
04-04-05, 09:04 am
How old is your bun? a young bun needs unlimited hay and pellets until about 12 weeks old.

pennick
04-04-05, 10:20 am
How old is your bun? a young bun needs unlimited hay and pellets until about 12 weeks old.
Check the dates of the post you are responding to..........OLD

synesthesia
04-05-05, 09:20 am
I was wondering this same thing though.
A friend of mine said that rabbits don't need pellets, just hay and greens.
So i wonder what to do...

samandshawn
04-05-05, 11:46 am
I was wondering this same thing though.
A friend of mine said that rabbits don't need pellets, just hay and greens.
So i wonder what to do...Rabbits do need pellets hay and greens doesnt give a balanced diet.