Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Guinea holiday boarding?!

magicroundabout

Cavy Slave
Hi there everyone!
I am going on holiday in June and it has got me thinking about guinea boarding. I have only had my guinea about a year and last year I paid an animal taxi lady to look after them as none of my friends/family were available. I paid around £80 for a two week holiday! :eek: I was not 100% happy with her and the price so I don't really want to use her again this year.

I was wondering what everyone else does when they go on their holidays? I have looked for boarders in my area and have no luck so far!

Getting.cavys

Cavy Slave
I had to use one of my mums friends, booking a carer was far too much money :(

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
Rescues sometimes offer holiday boarding, and usually do so at a reasonable price (with the money going back into the rescue, so it's helping the rescue as well as you). I know of a few piggie holiday boarding sites but can't remember them at the mo. I think some are linked from (broken link removed) though.

magicroundabout

Cavy Slave
Thanks for replying so quickly! (both of you!)

Rescues sometimes offer holiday boarding, and usually do so at a reasonable price (with the money going back into the rescue, so it's helping the rescue as well as you). I know of a few piggie holiday boarding sites but can't remember them at the mo. I think some are linked from (broken link removed) though.

Thanks, I didn't know that some rescues also board; but I am also having trouble finding a rescue in my area :sad:

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Here is a list of some reputable UK guinea rescues (scroll down to find them!)

(broken link removed)

muffin

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed) try this link. Scroll down and there is a small list of guinea pig holiday boarders. Call me geographically challenged but I'm not sure if any of them are near you!

magicroundabout

Cavy Slave
Thanks JarBax and muffin!!!!
I'll have a look!!!!

magicroundabout

Cavy Slave
Sorry guys, again no luck, none near me! (Useful links though!) I’ll keep looking! x

jabberwock

Cavy Slave
Sometimes we swap favours with a friend, if we're going to family then we take them with us. But otherwise we pay £5 per night four our two pigs. They have to go into a petshop cage for the week (the biggest that will fit into the car) but the lady who takes them has them inside and is happy to look after them and feed them exactly as we ask her to. It was the best care we could find within reasonable distance.

muffin

Cavy Slave
You could try your local papers to see if anyone is advertising pet/house sitting? You'd need to get references from their clients of course.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.