Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How much hay?

Ruthies owner

Cavy Slave
On my Timothy Hay-Kob bag it says to give them half a handful a day - according to the animals size but in all the pictures on this site theres much more. How much should a adult female peruvian get?

Sierra

Cavy Slave
Half a handful?!?!?!?! That is definitely not enough! Your guinea pig should always have access to hay, unlimited amount. There should always be hay in the cage.

NoVeil

Cavy Slave
Ack! That is not enough. You should be giving a generous amount of hay, unlimited, daily. The piggers not only eat it, they play in it and hide in it. Mine would be wheeking in anger if I only gave them half a handful LOL

TinaFabulous
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Forget Kaytee! They stink, giving people bad advice. Give them a whole kleenex box stuffed full! (broken link removed) sells the cheapest, freshest, bulk, greenest, non-pet-store hay there is!!! =) Good luck! Kaytee hay is gross compared to kleenmama's.

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
i thought you said a handful, and i was like, hey thats not enough! then i read that it was HALF a handful. can you say shocked? i have a gird bent into a wide u shape, and it will be stuffed completely with hay, in addition to a ghrocery sack which will be stuffed with hay. plus, i imagine i will have to keep replenishing it throughout the day.

ice_on_fire

Cavy Slave
put some hay in your piggies sleeping area and she will LOVE your for it..^^

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.